My dilemma

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
Your daughter is way ahead of your thinking. You buy her Camaro, she gets the new car ( which is obviously a great everyday driver ). She gets free storage and visiting rights to the car, later when you no longer play with toys, she will be at the garage door waiting for the keys. She knows you will not sell it and maintenance will be kept up. Win, win for your daughter.
My son and daughter have no interest in my cars. Its the computer age with I phones and cars that nearly drive them selves. My old Corvettes and GTOs will be in storage and probably sold cheap at the estate sale. Not because fuelies, big blocks, split windows, and Goats will be valuable , they will become the Model A's of the future. The trend to living in condos with one car garages eliminates future wrench twisters. Technology is a good thing but not for our hobby.
Buy the wood and save the marriage. Divorces are very expensive I am told. Loan your daughter the down payment. Insist she keeps the 67.

bobs409

Administrator
For conversation purposes, I don't know about far ahead from now but I can say for certain that some technology has been fantastic for our hobby. Forums like this one to get help, keep the interest going and even spark up some old interest in these cars. Think back when all you had to rely on for help was a worn out manual or two and possibly a car friend for help. I don't know how we survived. :D Second one is ebay and similar. Being able to find parts from literally the world! In addition, being able to sell your old parts instead of scrapping them. A lot of cars and their parts survived because of the net.

Probably more things but those two stick out in my mind.

It's probably the politicians/government that will kill our hobby with all those rules they keep writing. That's the part that scares me.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, I think I can claim success, kind of. I think my bride and my daughter were conspiring. I mentioned to my daughter that there is going to be a fairly expensive trade off for me to aquire the Camaro. See my daughters comments below.

I feel like I have to choose between my kids or something! I want both. I guess at least it will still be in the family. Maybe I can have visitation.
Can I have it back when you die? Sorry, not funny. But can I?

Last edited:

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
?????? If you were a GOOD, politician (not sure there is, such a thing) Jeff, you could Bullshit everyone, and make them ALL happy.:doh I know, it's not a Good answer.:dunno2:thud

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Jeff, The answer is pretty much as your daughter said. You need to get hold of the Camaro for safe keeping, that way when your daughter is older and wiser and realizes she shouldn't have let it get away, it won't be gone. Your wife should be grateful to you for having your daughters best interests at heart.
That would be a good time to explain that a bigger garage would benefit the whole family.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
hey Jeff,
looks like you would have room in the shed for a 4 post hoist, then you could store the camaro easily.
keep the wife happy by saying "yes dear, i understand" and after a few days all will be good again:D.
Should this not work, then consult a marriage councilor:rub.

Gav

Was rereading the posts on this somewhat sad thread, sad cause I didn't get the Camaro but happy my daughter has a bit more of the old man in her than I thought and Gav is right. I do have room for a 4 post lift in the pole barn so I haven't given up hunting just yet!