Renewed life in my stalled '56 Nomad Project.

sshamu

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I know this isn't 348-409 related but I figured some may be interested in where I started, what happened, and what's coming up.

I believe my lust for a long roofs started back when I was 10 years old while playing in a 1958 Chevrolet station wagon. This car was first spotted in 2010 while I was going through a divorce. It was literally less than one mile from my house here in Phoenix. The owner recently trimmed some of his bushes out front and I spied the tailgate for only a spit second. Now that divorce was staring me in the face perhaps I needed something to do with my time. And here is how my story began.

As I put my son through college money was tight and progress was slow....

So now its 2016 and I decided to quit procrastinating. I my quest to get the bodywork done I decided to bite the bullet and hire an expert. The Nomad goes into his shop in June with an expected completion date of September 2016. Wow!!!! Needless to say my enthusiasm has been renewed. My retirement is just over 2 years away and I want this long roof done WAY before then.

sshamu

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Some more updates to report:
This past weekend I installed my retro fit ididit tilt column without any issues. I opted for the high beam indicator to be in the stalk (not installed for this pic) as well as the cruise controls on the signal lever.

Steering wheel was modified to be 2 inches smaller but still retain the stock look. I don't have the horn ring yet but it will all fit.

I was finally able to determine where to mount the PCM. The PCM for the computer will easily fit below the front seat as well as the tach module and other modules for future Dakota Digital Gauges. Next up I have to figure out how and where to mount my airbox.
steering wheel.jpg left front view.jpg engine.jpg