newbie 409 owner

Amalakowski

Not even sure what these are worth. Looks like the blocks have been decked because the suffix codes are gone on both of them.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
These appear to be truck engines.These will make a great place to build from as long as you're not hung up on the "numbers matching" stuff.Example;the 333 heads can be ported and valved to support 500 hp NA.

Amalakowski

Yeah, they both have 333 heads. Is anything off the trucks worth anything like the bellhousing, flywheels, pulleys, etc?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome, and congrats on your recent score :).

The main parts of value will be the blocks, the heads, the cranks and the flat metal (oil pans/valve covers/timing chain covers). Truck intakes don't have much value, same for the distributor and maybe the carbs. To my knowledge the pulleys and accessories are truck-based and not of much use on a street build.

I'd take everything apart and have it cleaned and crack checked then you can get a better idea of what you've got.

Good luck!

TomK

Amalakowski

I hate to revive an old post, but I was finally able to go and retrieve the 3rd 409 I bought almost a year ago. Came out of a 64 Chevy cabover truck that was made into a fuel delivery truck. Casting numbers are 3788068. From what I've found on the board here it's a 62 hi-po engine.

Attachments

• 20170412_193159.jpg
    20170412_193159.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 0