Ebay ?

62BillT

Well Known Member
To my surprise, Ebay has a "Community Page" that shows different comments. I just checked it out and there are a bunch of unhappy old sellers on there and on top of everything else, they are now stating that Ebay is forcing them to have a 30 Return Policy, even on Used stuff.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Chat/Why-I-do-not-use-Ebay-anymore/td-p/2899013

Is this true for you all out there selling Used Parts as well?

My son has an account and I was recently thinking of having him put some rare parts on there for me.

For the record, I'm no fan of Ebay and would love to see a good alternative take it's place.

bobs409

Administrator
ebay has been screwing us for years now! I never know what new ways they'll think up to screw us and take more money to boot. I don't think that ebay alternative is coming anytime soon. :(

I'm amazed that they can legally take a portion of shipping cost like they do. They do NOTHING, we do all the work and they make the money.

For now, I have no choice but to stay on. (for now!)

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No one is forced to have a 30 day return policy, you do not have to accept returns at all. You do have to have a 30 day (min) return policy if you want your ad to have the little "top seller" banner on it. Keep in mind "returns" are exactly that this is not to be confused with the "not as described" policy which everything sold on Ebay has to abide by. Returns are best describe as the buyer changed his mind NOT a defective or not as describe part.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ebay has been screwing "Both" sellers and buyers for years. They don't seem to be able to make up their minds on who's side they want to screw over. Actually, I guess they did, and they chose themselves. They are like a very high percentage of business's, that as long as they make money, they don't care. With that I will qualify that a business is not a social program. A business is there to make money, ie, profits. I don't begrudge any business for making money. Any amount. However there are many business's out there, Ebay being one of them, that are something less than honorable.

bobs409

Administrator
Doesn't matter how long of a return policy or even if you have one at all. All the buyer has to do is click "item not as described" and it's game over! Ebay forces you to refund & pay the return shipping too and if you don't, they'll refund the buyer for you and you lose the item & original shipping. Ebay will side with the buyer 99.9% of the time in this area. Bend over sellers, it's gonna hurt!

Selling on ebay is really a huge gamble if you sell something you have a lot of money in. Large heavy items really get you first on the percentage of the shipping fee that ebay takes but secondly, just think if you have to eat the shipping both ways on one of those "item not as described" fiasco's. Most times a seller might offer the buyer a reduced price just to not have to lose more money. If a bad buyer knows about it, they can use that to either get it at a reduced price or even free!

Happy selling!