Speedometer Conversion

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
:oops:cry

What are you going to replace it with?
Was that all the original stuff out of your car?

Steve

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
No Steve it wasn't original stuff... But it was an old clutch that we had in a "69 Camaro back in high school.... It was marginal at best when I put it in before Great Bend trip... I'm surprised it's lasted this long... I'm thinking about a new Centerforce...

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Google Centerforce vibration problems. Some have had no problem with them, some like me had a vibration in the pressure plate.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for the tip Don... I remember reading about your issue... What trans was that one for?? What did you do to resolve it?

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Had it in a Saginaw, bought a Luk. not sure how many Centerforce had this problem, but I wasn't the only one. I bought one to get a "better" clutch than stock. If you want to pay shipping, you can have it for free, it is an 11 inch.
Don

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Had a busy weekend...got the new clutch and flywheel in... Indexed the bellhousing(not fun in the car):( . Catch can on and loop installed... Man .. The pedal is light with that Centerforce clutch.. Every time I push it in, I think the Z bar broke again... Lol. Took the over-center spring out, and added a return spring, that seemed to help:dunno Also, picked up a new truck a few weeks ago..... '70 Custom Camper C20, Super nice truck with 89000 miles, changed the trans oil and filter, engine oil, and got a brake controller on it yesterday...

BC735177-7539-4D58-8804-ED57EDBB7794.jpg

F9CE2A8A-6145-4B2F-A0E6-EF29A37CCBB3.jpg

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice truck, did you win the lottery or something!!!!!:D:D
Nope... No lottery... No inheritance.. No bank robbery... Lol... I've been looking for a nice 2WD in this body style for a couple years, they all seem to be out west. My buddy has had this one and I've been bugging him to sell it to me, finally he caved in....:winner
Rick

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3