MFD117

MFD 117

Hello all, this is Jeff Darst in southeastern Ohio. I just purchased an original stock 1961 Bel Air 2 door sedan with the 348 tri power, T-10 4 speed and 3.36 posi. I have owned X framed cars before, but the 348 is my first W engine. I got the car in Canada and drove it home over 300 miles with no problems (other than customs). I have owned and restored Seagrave V-12 fire trucks for years and recently sold all I had and decided to get something easier to cruise around in. I'm very pleased to find so much information available specific to the 348 and 409 and it has already helped me decode my differential gear ratio.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Hello Jeff, welcome to the site............is that the 61 you purchased in your avatar .........If so.....it looks very nice ..........We should see more pictures of that nice 61.

MFD 117

Yes, that's it. Bone stock the best I can tell with original paint and spare, lots of documentation from original owner including a small notebook that he recorded every time he got gas, mileage, date, gallons, cost, and average mpg. I wish we could get gas at those prices now. I'll get more pictures posted as soon as I learn my way around this site.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site!! That is rare one wow..... That would be a fun one to cruise!!!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard.

That car was for sale a while, not sure if it was a dealer selling it? He also has a Maserati for sale? The ad is still up.

I think this is it?

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Nice car!!! Welcome to the group!!! Thought I'd say group instead of zoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
DonSSDD: this is that car.
It sure looks good in the pics, a real find.

If it was built in Canada, or sold new in Canada, GM Vintage can provide "as built" information. It will confirm the original engine and HP, transmission, colour in and out, build date, and selling dealer.

That car would be a very low production model in the US or Canada.

Don

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Nice, gonna draw a lot of attention when your out in that. Welcome to the site, great group of guys we have here

Martin