Happy Birthday! Austin!!!!!!!!!

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Not sure what it is about this birthday in particular but i've come to realize the clock is ticking and maybe I havent been spending my time wisely. Between running my two boys all over Texas for sports and trying to stay employed, i've barely spent any time with my parents who live 30 minutes away. Today I put aside the 9 million things I needed to do and rode with Dad to the local Corvette show. 100 degrees in his old vette and I enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks fellas!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not sure what it is about this birthday in particular but i've come to realize the clock is ticking and maybe I havent been spending my time wisely. Between running my two boys all over Texas for sports and trying to stay employed, i've barely spent any time with my parents who live 30 minutes away. Today I put aside the 9 million things I needed to do and rode with Dad to the local Corvette show. 100 degrees in his old vette and I enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks fellas!
Randy, That is time well spent. Can't think of a better way to spend a birthday then with your dad cruising in his corvette...:deal

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
^^^^^^^^ What Dan Said Randy! Some of the best use of your time. I hope your dad is in good health! But, keep in mind you're not going to have him in your life forever.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Randy, glad you had a good birthday, hope you have many more to come.:bday1

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
A couple pics. We were told that we would be able to do a "parade lap" going around 60mph. Groups of 10 cars were allowed on the track at a time with a lead car selected by the track to prevent any shenanigans. Apparently the leader cars had a lead foot as well because I ran the heck out of that car getting up to 105mph (according to the 1963 speedo, felt more like 200mph lol).
IMAG2170_zpscba5hwea.jpg

IMAG2177_zpswrz9jv2t.jpg

Fellow drag racer's new Z06. Cool car in a whole other way compared to the 63.
IMAG2145_zpsrlnbmtqy.jpg