Rock Auto

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. Just received an email from Rock Auto about them having several part close outs for 1962 Chevys. Took a quick peek even though I don't need anything. A lot of parts and name brand manufacturers. Good prices. An upper radiator hose for $3.72. Made by Continental. Just passing it along, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
Problem with them is they want to ship each item from a different location so when you total up the shipping, your paying too much.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just bought all the bearings and seals for my hydraulic brake swap for my 36 Cabriolet from them. Parts came frome three different venders and shipping total was 9.00, all Timken bearings, SKF made in USA seals and the cost was 50.00 less then anywhere else.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Yes, I recall several different parts coming from different areas. Never paid attention to the collective shipping. Guess I will in the future, Carmine.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Rockauto is a good thing, they beat pricing from many of my so called wholesale houses. You have to understand that they are pretty much a drop shipper so parts can and do come from many locations. I purchase weekly many items, those that come from the same location will get bought together, those that are at a different location just get bought on a separate order.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I buy parts from them all the time. Very good seller, great selection and great prices. I've found that for some heavy items you can do better locally. But for most items, Rock Auto slaughters everyone else's price

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks. Agree. Just ordered the last set of valve cover gaskets and of some other parts, Carmine.