New in SoCal

FineO9

Hey Guys-
Been around 409 Chevys since I was 12 (30 years now)
My dad started it all off- Chet Wray. He bought Haydon Proffitts black '62 Impalla SS back in High school- where at Westminter HS, he street raced it in Orange County in the mid '60s-
Unfortunately wrecked the car, but began a love with the W heads that spanned his entire life.
He's been gone since 1993 and we still have 2 of the '09 cars (we sold 3 back then) and several pre-reproduction parts laying around too.

Just wanted to say hi and that more than likely will need you guys help with some things I can't do...
One car is a super cherry 1962 Impala 409 and the other is an old nostalgia drag '62 Biacayne that we swapped the 6 for a roller rocker 409/468hp 4 speed....was a blast to race and fun on the street.

Sorry to hear that people we used to work with have retired & moved on- Curt Harvey used to do our engines and our carburetor & generator guy have since passed as well :(

Thanks and happy to have found you guys
Andy Wray
Yorba Linda CA

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Sounds like some great history you have, welcome, very sharp and helpful people here :winner

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Would have loved to have those memories from my childhood with a 409 and my father that's awesome......... Welcome to the site

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Guys-
Been around 409 Chevys since I was 12 (30 years now)
My dad started it all off- Chet Wray. He bought Haydon Proffitts black '62 Impalla SS back in High school- where at Westminter HS, he street raced it in Orange County in the mid '60s-
Unfortunately wrecked the car, but began a love with the W heads that spanned his entire life.
He's been gone since 1993 and we still have 2 of the '09 cars (we sold 3 back then) and several pre-reproduction parts laying around too.

Just wanted to say hi and that more than likely will need you guys help with some things I can't do...
One car is a super cherry 1962 Impala 409 and the other is an old nostalgia drag '62 Biacayne that we swapped the 6 for a roller rocker 409/468hp 4 speed....was a blast to race and fun on the street.

Sorry to hear that people we used to work with have retired & moved on- Curt Harvey used to do our engines and our carburetor & generator guy have since passed as well :(

Thanks and happy to have found you guys
Andy Wray
Yorba Linda CA
Welcome to the site Andy. Sounds like you have had some really fun times.

I was in Yorba Linda just a few weeks ago with visiting the Force museum.

Gav