Sad sight--

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
We went up north to Livermore for a wedding this last weekend. The agricultural community in the central valley is really negatively affected by the drought,but not only that, their water allocations are being cut back a lot. Much dust and brown fields and dry orchards. Lots of signs along the interstate are really critical of sacramento and it's politics,as usual.One common sign was one that asked,"Is growing food a waste of water?" I would have liked to post a sign that asked"Is feeding a democrat a waste of food?" I think we all could answer that one.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Yep, should have been frying and eating those Delta Smelt long ago………..that would remove the reason for the water restriction and feed people at the same time. Problem solved. Win-Win
Although in reality they probably are lot like Grunnion , crunchy and tasty but not very filling.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We are in the process of becoming the Appalachia of California thanks to the greedy and misinformed idiots in Sacramento.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
In case anyone is really interested, here is some more info.

https://worthyourfight.org/

...and yes, the bureaucrats are favoring salmon over agriculture. These people don't make decisions based on logic or economics. They are more interested in "progressive" agendas than in reality.

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
We are in the process of becoming the Appalachia of California thanks to the greedy and misinformed idiots in Sacramento.

wait just one minute. what is wrong with appalachia. some mighty fine people live up there, if you can find them first. jim

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
It's very easy to see the motives here. Liberalism is all about domination,servitude,power and control. It is easy to breed into existence a dependency class. Offer something for nothing to the lesser the sheep and you get their vote. Once in office, leak out a little at a time to the sheep. Pretty soon, you own the sheep. Lessen and lower society's morals, the work ethic, remove the sense of accomplishment of achievement, they breed and make more of the simple minded folk(the sheep), with no work ethic, not much in the way of marketable skills, a sense of entitlement, and you have a sizeable percentage of the populace that is dependent on the leaders for everything. They lack the skills to function without any assistance. This continues for a few generations, and you have a completely dependent class of sheep that have no idea how to succeed on their own. The source for all this entitlement spending is obtained by milking the working stiff, 9% sales tax, gas tax, property tax,taxes on all kinds of food,utilities,local,state,and federal taxes on income, outgo, and everything else. After a while, the working stiff, being the goose that lays the golden egg, gets sore from all the constant screwing, and leaves. The load gets redistributed, the governmental hand goes out again, they take more, the size of government grows, and it's never enough. Thomas Jefferson once was quoted as saying,"The government with the power to tax has the power to destroy. " Of course, if you don't like it, you must be some kind of racist or something. San Bernardino used to have Santa Fe Railroad, Norton Air Force Base and Kaiser Steel as major employers. One by one they were all run out of town by taxes, environmental enforcement and all kinds of new laws, and the whole place is on public assistance- something like 85% of the population.The working man's wages types of jobs don't exist out there, although business parks and industrial development is starting to re appear, no thanks to any form of government. The easy solution is to be responsible for your self, be as independent as possible, use every tax break available,even if it means relocating, use your head, vote responsibly, even if it means voting against someone more than voting for someone else, and be informed. Don't be a sheep, be an American. I guess it's not just the muslims that screw their sheep. Democrats seem to like that, too.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Bought gas last weekend while up north. &2.75 a gallon for regular. 9% sales tax, 18 cents state tax, 36 cents federal and highway tax. That's one third of the cost wasted forever in tax.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm sure that many of the people are just fine. It's just always used as an example of a collapsed economy. As the economy is gradually being "reduced" here, we are dealing with the consequences that inevitably follow, such as homelessness, drugs, crime, crumbling infrastructure.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
This is no balony. I saw a California seller of parts on Ebay, some kind of small business, and he openly said in the ad-No Calif. sales. I'm not their tax collector. He went on to say that the forms and paperwork that had him fill out,send in, and do took way more time than it was worth. He had a very vitriolic lot to say about what he thought of calif and its government, and it basically was fact based on experience.Also,regarding gasoline, san francisco has the highest gas prices in the state due to a city tax imposed on top of the rest of the fed and state taxes.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Boxer dog, don't forget property values. Will you be able to sell when it's time to move? Gotta think long term.

I'm too old and have too much junk to move, plus I am not sure where I would go in any event. We have family around here. I also don't care about what our property is worth when I check out other than I wouldn't want to leave a bunch of obligations for my wife to deal with. The cars and parts will be bad enough!

I don't have a long term to worry about!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I'm too old and have too much junk to move, plus I am not sure where I would go in any event. We have family around here. I also don't care about what our property is worth when I check out other than I wouldn't want to leave a bunch of obligations for my wife to deal with. The cars and parts will be bad enough!

I don't have a long term to worry about!

I'm also starting to see fighting the fight wears ya down.... considering others is very important.