For the Pontiac fans, especially Cecil oh yeah VW people too

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
nolan_BIS.jpg 43rd_meet_2016_121 69 vw.jpg

Debbie and I attended the Tidewater Va. AACA show this past Saturday, about 250 cars total. We were very lucky, she won Best German made car with her 69 Bug and my Pontiac won Best in Show. They mistakenly said my Pontiac was a Ventura, really its a Catalina. Robert Street joined us also with his 61 Impala. The show was held at the Virginia Aviation Museum in Va. Beach.

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Congratulations Tommy and Debbie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like a husband and wife who show their cars together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bet Tommy details both of them tho.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Congratulations Tommy and Debbie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like a husband and wife who show their cars together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bet Tommy details both of them tho.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually I dont, I did the restoration on the car but she cleans and details it, most of the time she loads and unloads the car and she drives the truck and trailer to the show. She has 4 cars that are hers, the 69 Bug, a 57 Bug, a 78 Datsun 280z and a 1930 A Model. She's a keeper :brow
I have a F450 that she drives pulling a 36' gooseneck and an F350 that I drive pulling a 28' tag trailer.
She also promotes car shows that I am not involved in.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Wow - congrats Tommy and to the missus as a well.........:bow.....those cars are beautiful.
You and Debbie certainly deserve these awards .........what a team.....:winner

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
yes I am a witness that Debbie does her own detailing and truck driving! And she loads two cars in the trailer Tommy has only one to load!
Their cars were impressive at this show especially the Pontiac! I was junior varsity with my 61 down there. I had to compete with his 64 Sport Fury out in Wyoming the other week but I had the 62 out there so I had a bit of a chance.
Robert
IMG_0127.JPG