NHRA HOT ROD REUNION 2017

Interested in participating in NHRA HOT ROD REUNION 348-409 eliminator class 2017

• Total voters

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
2017 Bowling Green T-SHIRTS
It will be the same program as last year. We will have a nice new design. Prices will be about the same.
Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, 2 Extra Large, 3 Extra Large. I can get just about any size
These sizes are men's sizes, so please keep this in mind when ordering for the ladies.
This year the three winners cars that will appear on the shirts are Allen George, Lonnie Hall, and Jay Gould.
If anyone of you have a contact for Jay Gould, I'd like to have it so I can get a good picture of his car.
If anyone has a good side view of Jay's car, I'd really like to have it. Thanks.
Please start sending me your orders - off line would be best.
Thanks a lot.
Mark Steele

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ok guys I've talked to Al yesterday, and he has a commitment on the same week as the Hot Rod Reunion and he can't get out of it,
Everything is going forward as planned, he's getting me the contact info so should be a great event of course
I'm gonna try to getta little help from my friends
Little Beatles phrase
I'll update the race list and let y'all know wats goin on,
Gonna use the same format as last year except TRANS BRAKES WILL be allowed
And probably only be one class
Thanks guys

Last edited:

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
OK guys the date for this race is June 15, 16, and 17th........If you haven't got a room you probably need to get one, they will get harder to get, you can always stay at the Track if you want. Here is the list I have so far if you're not on it let me know and I will get you on it. I'll let you know when you can start pre-registering.
I look forward to seeing you all at the track.
Drag Race
(1) Bryan Fugate, 1963 Super Sport Impala, 409, Automatic
(2) Lonnie and Scott Hall, 1962 Super Sport Impala, 409, Automatic (Winner of Class II 2016)
(3) MHRP (Brian) 1962 Super Sport Impala, 409 (stroked) 4 Speed
(4) Rickys61 (Rick Inghram) 1961 Biscayne, 348 stroked to 380, 4 Speed.
(5) Mark Steele, 1962 Biscayne, 409, 4 Speed
(6) TomK and La Hot Rods (James Schrader) 1962 Belair, 409
(7) jbschneeweis (Joel) 1962 Bel Air 2 dr post, 409, Automatic
(8) Bub6le 2op (Martin Key) 62 Belair Sport Coupe, 409, 4 Speed
(9) Quickshift409 (Shan Dalley) 62 Biscayne, 409, 4 Speed
(10) Ronnie Russell/Barry Taylor 1962 Biscayne 409, Automatic
(11) Evan (409envy) 65 Chevy II Station Wagon, 409
(12) Mc409 (Jim and Val McCombs) 1962 Super Sport Impala, 409, Automatic
(13) bluescreamer (Allen George Jr.) 1962 Super Sport Impala, 409, Automatic (Winner of Class I 2016)
(14) cjkuenster (Charlie Kuenster) 1959 ElCamino, 409, Automatic
(15) Iowa 409 Guy (Dave and Mary) 1964 Impala, nicknamed The CRUSHER, 409, 4 Speed
(16) awsumcars (Joel Czopek cars nickname Nancy's Nightmare) 1962 Belair Sedan, 409, Automatic
(17)Kevins62 (Kevin) 1961 Biscayne, 409, 4-Speed
(18) dm62409 (Dave Mills) 65 Chevy ll , 409, 4-Speed
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
Still have a few guys out there, come on lets go!!!!!
Thanks Guys
Martin

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
OK Scott. Is the racing over soon enough to leave the last day when done, or stay over another night?

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We normally stay. They are normally done around dark or dark 30. They are on same time zone as you I believe.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I sent Dave a PM but everyone should know the races usually end around 7 or 8 Sat night, so if you don't have to leave I would stay and leave Sunday Morning and enjoy the ride home. I look forward too seeing you all........Phil you too!!!!
Martin

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Since I din't make it last year due to tow vehicle problems, I have a few questions. Anyone that was there please let me know your thoughts/experience. Driving my 40 foot MH with a 28 foot enclosed trailer about 70 ft total. Can I get them in the pit area or are we droping off the trailers & putting the MH's somewhere else(I plan to stay in my MH). I understand it was very crowded last year so if I want to get a good space with our group when should I plan on arriving? I assume we are all going to try to stay together.

Thanks.

Joel

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You'll have room. Get there Tuesday before 5 pm or early Wednesday. If your later than 5 you can sit in line till next morning. I think 5 is gate shutting time.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
yah Scott is right about that, there will be room at the track and Tuesday would be the best day to get there but Wednesday will be good too, like last year they should have a designated area for us

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Joel.
They had a very good area for all (together) of us last year with pull in with a trailer (including long ones ) at about a 60 degree angle and some at 90 degrees and some pulling in with the tow vehcile parking facing the in the pits asphalt road
All the parking was right off a asphalt pit road (there are 2-3 of them depending on where you are).
Tuesday or Wednesday (by after lunch which is when I got there)and there was still lots of room to pull in park.
It wasn't really crowded till late Wednesday into Thursday.

The road to the race track is long two lane asphalt -stay left past the entrance to the Beach Bend Park Amusement area.
Check out this google map of the drags strip (it has covered stands on both side of the starting line). Park first and then register (pick up your race registration). you drive by the registration -inside the dragstrip - to park your rig.

https://www.bing.com/maps?v=2&cp=37.027204~-86.405420&lvl=17&sty=h&form=LMLTCC
We were near the end of the loop into the grass area in this map -to the left of the "x" in the asphalt roads in the grass to the left of paved areas in the pits.

If you want a golf cart - its a walk to the starting line and other areas(like the car show) -get one early- I wish I had gotten one.
We were able to borrow one a few times -thanks to one of the members.

Paul

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Thanks for the information. I think I will try to be there on Tuesday. Hopefully no towing problems like last year. Anyone else planning on getting there on Tuesday? I guess as it gets closer to the event we can make plans on how to meet once we arrive at BG. Thanks.

Joel

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Guys Mark is ready to take shirt orders, Last year he sold out of everything so if you want some shirts let him know so you won't be left out,
Don't forget to get your rooms and I'll keep you posted on any new news.......thanks Guys

Martin