Creamery type can

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
Anyone seen this type of container ? Looks similar to a creamery can. They had the same general shape / size but not the side flutes. The id tag is a neat addition. Wonder how long they stayed with the container.00s0s_3hrcxvvL2ME_600x450 (1).jpg

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
I covered a lot of ground and decades . Never seen one except for the picture. The rib design has to have a purpose or they went through a lot of work for recognition. Its refreshing to see craftsmen designs from the past. Today most items look the same which is boring.

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
They went through all that trouble ( fluted sides ) just for an oil container ? Maybe a company trade mark. Did yours have the round flat ID attached to the handle ? Would be harder to clean to change contents. There, I learned something new. When I find one I will be much wiser. Thanks !

Pats 409

Well Known Member
Remember back then everything was done to overkill with design and decoration mine do not have the tag attached to the handle does the tag say anything? Sometimes they would stamp the grade of oil on it. And those cans were also used for other things too I'm sure.