Barn Find

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:rantonI'm so sick of the term barn find. Now everything that was neglected in somebody's garage is a barn find. 50 people could now about a car and exactly what it is and what it's worth and then some guy buys it and thinks he is Christopher Columbus. :rantoff

On a side note I really like the 1970 chevelle. It's probably my favorite year for the model.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:rantonI'm so sick of the term barn find. Now everything that was neglected in somebody's garage is a barn find. 50 people could now about a car and exactly what it is and what it's worth and then some guy buys it and thinks he is Christopher Columbus. :rantoff

On a side note I really like the 1970 chevelle. It's probably my favorite year for the model.
I wish I could agree with you more on this one. I too see it all the time. It's like someone calling someone a racist, in 99% of the cases its meaningless, just name calling by the racist themselves, mostly left of a good common sense person.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
There is a certain 62 Corvette Fuelie with big brakes that sold recently for about $ 450,000, new owner has stated "This was a Barn find car", even featured in magazines stating this, problem is I know who restored it to exacting NCRS original condition.

Mr Goodwrench, get a buck and give that sucker a good tub.

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
I'm with you guys on the "barn finds" problem is this one is really sitting in a barn!!! nice barn I might add but it really is a barn. I'll tell you guys the story later when I have more time.

Lost in the 60's

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
So, there's an engine in the car, another complete one on the floor and yet a third block ??? If they are all LS6's, I will offer a home to one of them in this...just needs a good buffing...;)

DSCN8602.jpg

00E0E_6AYHqx8QQmC_600x450_zpsjhiqlu2i.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
What did you hit Bob?

A lady decided to make a left turn in front of me in a 77 Olds something or other the night before on a 40mph road. (slower mph at impact with me hitting the brakes!)

You see back then when you had a minor accident, you could still drive the car home because they didn't fold up like a suit case! Something the new generation might not know of. :p

I remember going to the junkyard shortly after and taking my pick of bumpers from a few different Chevelles! That's something I sure miss! Now it's all S10's and the like. :cry

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
How many weeks ago were those taken? :tongue

Using the date function on my calculator puts that about 34 years, 5 months, 1 week, 5 days ago. (but I remember it like it was yesterday!) In fact, a few minutes ago I was looking at that pic and I got a reminder of the exact smell inside that car. It had a heavy air freshner smell. (and probably a little teen sex & Yuengling beer too) :D

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
The one in the car might be available. The original engine spun a main with only about 70 miles on it GM warranted a new short block which is in the car now with the correct heads, he line honed the original and had the crank re-ground installed 375-396 heads and ran it in a 30 something coupe until he rolled it sometime in the mid 70's. The orange engine in the corner is the original RCC the rusty one sitting on the floor is the 375-396 he took the heads off of, it has a spun main. They want me combine the two engines to put it back the way it was when it was new. Note the car has only 26000 original miles on it and the original short block less than 2000. Be interested to see what it looks like inside after sitting for some 35 years, the one in the car still runs and is drivable. Time slips from Alton Dragway in the glove box show high elevens. he has one picture showing front left wheel slightly in the air. This was my High school auto teacher and dear friend, he passed away 9 years ago from alcoholism, his family is ready to sell the car and all the parts and move on.