Hockey

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just saying

I used to be all about cars... but my 11 year old just won the provincial OMHA hockey championship . #1 out of 70 teams. Long road but well worth the end result

Attachments

• IMG_20170325_163512.jpg
    IMG_20170325_163512.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20170325_161844.jpg
    IMG_20170325_161844.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 0

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Congrats to your son and you Kevin....:clap...how's your feet from standing around those COLD arenas....:facepalm
In 1959 (age 13) my Dad sent me to St. Mikes thinking I might be the next Keon or Mahavolich (both were at St. Mikes at that time) but then I started to notice cars and girls.......:confused.......and not necessarily in that order........:doh

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We won 3 of 4 tournaments entered, The team record was 59 wins 8 losses and 4 ties. We were ranked number 2 all year behind Barrie that was ranked #1 all year and we actually met in the final, Series went to game 5 and was awesome hockey to watch. The year was long... 73 total games, 100 practices. Started August 27 and ended Mar 25. April 10 is tryouts for next season:doh

Thanks for all the comments:)

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well done winning the Championship. And to you and your son, also the other members of your family for the commitment to meet all the demands needed to complete such a long season.
What level of competition & age was the team?
Was House league director for 12 years in Michigan as my 2 sons played and still play to this day as adults.
Oldest son plays 1 season in Junior B which was the junior C level in Canada at the time. Both stopped playing for awhile to concentrate on college, but both play now. Great game.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well done winning the Championship. And to you and your son, also the other members of your family for the commitment to meet all the demands needed to complete such a long season.
What level of competition & age was the team?
Was House league director for 12 years in Michigan as my 2 sons played and still play to this day as adults.
Oldest son plays 1 season in Junior B which was the junior C level in Canada at the time. Both stopped playing for awhile to concentrate on college, but both play now. Great game.

Minor Pee Wee A 2005 (11 years old) The 2005 age group in our town is super competitive with AAA 2 AA and A ....our A competed in a AA tournament and beat the number 8 ranked team in Province. The majority of the team is moving up to AA next for next year. Great life lessons for our boys as our coach teaches more than just winning.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Kevin:

I just caught this post, congrats! He'll remember those times forever, and so should you!

Cheers!
TomK