Name these two cars.....

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
THE PIED PIPER

And .....let's see... Texas registered license plates could be registered in 1963-65-67-69 since Texas alternated between black and white-even black-odd white....newest cars around the black chebby about 1968-1969....no engine but was a 409 by emblems......I thought Dan Deans/Buddy Taylors car was white as I remember it....can't be Teal & Therwangers since while it was black they bought Hayden's old red car repainted black but ended up in Mexico about that time.....not mine since I had a 61......I don't remember any other real contenders back "in the day" that was black, Charlie McElroy's PIED PIPER car you have owned for decades which I provided many parts to Charlie and the T & T 62!!

This is a good one!!!'

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Yes, the Pied Piper still sets in my garage. A towing company named Milner Wrecker service had a guy come by one day recently. I think his name was John, and he is the only person out of the blue that knew the care by name (from introductions that it). Plenty of people know the car from the 60's.

And the black car was Dan Dean's for sure. Armortek. That photo was taken at Green Valley as I recall. Had some clutch/shifter issues that day and had just trailered it. I may have another shot of it somewhere. Now the bad news. I was informed that that car had the 1/4 panels cut off and they were used for a fiberglas mold project for another famous race car. Dang, I don't recall who told me that. Was it someone here or ????

And my car will never likely see a restoration in my lifetime. Money is tight and I just turned 66 on the 19th. I hate seeing it rust away. The company I work for is content to hire 20 something know nothings that have college degrees for twice what they are paying me. And not one can work a shift without a cell phone stuck in their face for 6 hours. And that truly sucks. I have my exit interview planned to a T. I'm gonna sit through it with my cell phone in my face playing silly games and I'll keep mumbling 'fer sure, huh? when's my break?' LOL!

I did open the door to the BelAir two days ago to look for some missing tools. Never did find them......grrrr!

Sigh.....

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Lets do a Go Fund Me page for Wristpin. He deserves Pied Piper and that will give Wrench a much needed break if Wristpin buys it. Besides Wristpin is an insperation to us all and we will all feel warm and fuzzy if we buy Pied Piper for him!!!
Brad you just need to have a garage sale to leave you of your troubles and put your bank in the W. :tongue