60 years of the 58 Chevy

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Is that Dobie Gillis in the cowboy hat?

In 1966 Dad took me car shopping and one we looked at was a 1958 Biscayne 4 door with a 348. He told me it was a "gas guzzler" so we passed and he bought me a 1961 Belair four door instead.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Some great pics. Thanks. Wasn't the '58 kind of the odd man out??? You had trifives preceding it and then had the '59 and '60 Chevys succeeding it. Beautiful cars but did it ever really fit it?? Just wondering, Carmine.

Richard Martin

Well Known Member
My father bought a new ‘58 Impala....traded in the ‘56. The ‘58 was a nice car and had a smooth ride but did not handle as well as the ‘56.....not as fun to drive. In NASCAR competition, 1958-1960, no driver won a race driving a 1958 Chevrolet.

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I drooled over a black 58 Chevy Impala when I was a teenager . Still like them . They was not meant to be a race car, but they had styling all their own. Loved the roof line especially .I always thought they were classy.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
with all do respect. 58 is not my favorite. but who am i. jim
Well Jim everybody has their own preference in anything . Maybe women too. Some like em ugly pretty, ,fat ,skinny,big, boob's ,no boob's ,big ass, no ass, loose, tight.:laugh4:laugh