NHRA Junior Stock

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks for the positive comments. I felt very fortunate. I started racing in April of '63 about a week or two before we got married, and quit as I said on Mothers Day of '66. Racked up 18 Class wins during that time. Still have about 9 of those trophies, somehow the others walked away in the last 50+ years. Scott still teases me about the suspension set up I had. I had the clamp on "Overload" coil springs on the rear shocks and twist in spacers in the front springs. And because the car squatted to the right rear on launch I ran 16 lbs in the right RaceMaster and 14 lbs in the left. (still have the RaceMasters) When you are young and dumb you just don't know what you don't know. Of course I'm a whole lot older now and I still DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I said before, Fun Days! (sorry for being so long-winded)

Lonnie

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Anybody currently run NHRA Stock Eliminator? I got interested in that about 35 years ago when our local drag strips were going away, and the only show in town was the Winternationals and the World Finals at Pomona. For the last 25 years, I've run a string of '68 Chevelles with the 250 horsepower or the 275 horse 327, Powerglide trans, and gears in the mid 5's. Week before last,I ran I/SA, 12.30 index and qualified with a .518 under 11.782, 110.66. Engine spun 7480 RPM in the lights. Sounded neat!! I like the rocket science that goes into those cars as far as meticulous engine building, tuning,timing,jetting,etc. Still fun after al these years.

RCampbell

Well Known Member
It's ready to run. Bruce doesn't dyno in rainy weather. He has one of his motors on the machine... we are next. Don't know about your weather...but it must be monsoon season here!!!