'61 Biscayne Stroked 348/440c.i. My First Restoration

sycsteve

Well Known Member
I been searching aimlessly at salvage yard and every website I can find. I'm finding 61, 62, and 63 Biscayne seem to have the same quarter window but no one seems to have any 61 or 62's accept one guy in New York and I don't know if he will or can send pics. Just said he wants $100 each and asked what condition is acceptable. I haven't asked about the 63 sense I just looked it up.
I did find these repop channels though.

https://www.rubbertherightway.com/1963-chevy-restoration-parts-window-45694-prd1.htm

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Talked to James (LAhotrods) yesterday and we think we may have your solution, assuming the parts are not corroded beyond recognition :).

Plans are to gut a certain 1961 Biscayne 2 door sedan to make it a lighter weight drag car. The car itself is solid, so I suspect those parts should be OK as well. Do you need any of the other inside door parts? We're going to Lexan!

Couple of months back I tried to give you a free back glass for your build (still have it) but I think you found one closer? Come visit us and you can take it all home :). Weather here sucks, the car sits outside, so it might take a bit before we get a sunny day...

TomK (speaking on James' behalf)

1961 Biscayne Drag Car.jpg

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
There are left and right headlite buckets
They are marked/stamped in the metal - by the screw mounts L1 and L2 and R1 and R2
They are installed as pairs on my 62's or they don't fit the bright or low beam headlites and the notches in the headlites themselves.
I have a set of 61 headlite buckets and I see the same marks.

Paul

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I had the same problem with my 63 as I was putting buckets in and headlights. I figured it out as I was putting them in that something was not right.