Our new father/son toy/project

63409impala

Well Known Member
received_1536315743157302.jpeg
Not too long ago, my dad picked up this 1963 impala. It's been a dream of his to own one and now he does. Here is a small description of the car. 425hp/409(not original to car), 4 speed, ac/ps/pb/tilt column, factory tach. Car is a real black on black 2 door v8/4 speed sport coupe. Just starting to get to know the car and it's quirks. The afb's need rebuilt, some paint touchups are needed. Now for the fun part. The to do list..fenderwell headers, freshen the 09 this winter with a healthier cam, 4.56 gear, remove outer headlights for air scoops, raise the back of the hood for hot air release, Hurst shifter, new exhaust so it can breathe better, balljoint spacers for front end travel, etc. So far all dad can find for headers are the stahls. Little pricey for a streetcar. But that's all we can find for now . So i think the both of us came up with a neat list to have a unique and fun street car. Long live the 409!!

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Ball joint spacers may not be the best for street.
There are outer safer ways to pull off what you are thinking if you are thinking what I am thinking. :crazy

63409impala

Well Known Member
I'm not looking into the c style. Although that would be tits for period correctness. Just the aluminium ones that go between the a arm and joint is the safest route