biscayne 409 question

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wrench's post on Pied Piper brought me to this one, great car and posts.

Don

Junky

Well Known Member
Has anyone ever followed up on this car, as to where it is, or what happened to it? It certainly is an anomaly, to say the least.

427John

Well Known Member
While these types of cars are certainly rare they are by no means unheard of and some of the practices of some law enforcement agencies back then may explain some of these anomalies back then some state police agencies(especially sparsely populated western states) required there more remotely assigned troopers to obtain and maintain their own police cars,due to the lack of nearby state or county garages,so the trooper would order their car thru the local dealer and have it maintained there and while there were some guidelines about how it was equipped (radio's,shotgun/rifle racks and such)the trooper had latitude on the brand.While some brands required all the good stuff (HP/HD suspension,brakes,wheels and tires)even the brands that didn't require them made them readily available to the HP engined cars which simplified the selection process.I've seen a 63 galaxie 4 door 427 dual quad 4 speed car that was an ex Montana state patrol car and a friend was very familiar with a 67 dodge hemi charger that was an idaho state patrol car.I had heard stories about the hemi car and tended to believe it was BS until I saw a 67 hemi charger resto project that had radio mounting brackets and a shotgun holder and that it was supposed to be an ex idaho state patrol pursuit car,turned out it was the same car.It stands to reason that if they were willing to build those combinations for them they would sell them to other people too.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Cool car!!!!
Phil is this the one with the bullet hole in the passenger floor?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Bullet holes in car floorboards weren’t that rare back in the day an employee who ran a wrecker business at night pulled a falcon out of one of our area’s large tidal ditches and was full of water. The very drunk guy who owned the falcon told him that wasn’t a problem and took his pistol and shot a hole in the two front floor wells PRESTO water drained!
Robert

427John

Well Known Member
Even in this day bullet holes in pickup trucks aren't that uncommon,one friend of mine had a habit of carrying a loaded varmint rifle in the cab of his pickup for any opportunities to take a shot at coyotes he came across.One day it went off and went thru the floorboard and into the transmission.Another friend was on an elk hunt in montana and went to take shot at an elk and used the bed rail of his new dodge pickup as a rifle rest he didn't take in to account for the offset of his scope and proceeded to shoot a hole thru the bedside.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Even in this day bullet holes in pickup trucks aren't that uncommon,one friend of mine had a habit of carrying a loaded varmint rifle in the cab of his pickup for any opportunities to take a shot at coyotes he came across.One day it went off and went thru the floorboard and into the transmission.Another friend was on an elk hunt in montana and went to take shot at an elk and used the bed rail of his new dodge pickup as a rifle rest he didn't take in to account for the offset of his scope and proceeded to shoot a hole thru the bedside.

Around here, bullet holes are from gang bangers shooting at you

El Rat

Well Known Member
My 62 09 380 hp engine came out of a 62 four door Impala 3 speed. A local police man owned it. He would show the local hotrodders the engine. I told him if he ever decided to get rid of it I could buy the 09 and replace it with my 250 hp 348. He got married and I bought the 09 for 200.00 and did all the work.

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My Body guy called me a few weeks ago to ask me if I knew my car had been shot up, lol

It had been bondo repaired before we stripped it, I did not know, two bullets were still in the drivers door, I told him to repair with metal and keep the bullets for me for cool old story stuff, I flew into Denver to buy this one, drove it home, the sellers were straight out of Compton type guys lol, go figure.