63 SS Revisited.....Project Z

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Russ.....Dennis told me this morning that he thinks we are in cacoots against him for finding dents in his car!!!! He said he was going to hire Robert Mueller to investigate to see if we are colluding again him. I said fine....just buy Mueller a plane ticket to Springfield and you will pick him up at the airport and take him to the very back of Fantastic Caverns and Mueller will never be seen again!!!!!!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Dennis,
You asked this question.
"Is the trunk lock retainer body color or zinc ??"

All the original trunks I have seen the retainer (that holds the lock) is painted a red oxide color and uses zinc plated 2 philips screws to mount it to the bottom of the trunk. Originally it also had a rectangular rubber gasket( for the retainer to fit against the trunk) with slits cut in it for the retainer to mount against bottom of the painted trunk surface

Paul

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Looks great as is Dennis, but you are not wet sanding and buffing????
The trunk was wet sanded and buffed before I took it from the shop. Final sand was @ 5000 grit then buffed. All other components including the body will be painted and brought back home and allowed to "cure" for a bit before wet sanding and buffing. Been a long time coming!