1961 Impala SS 409 , YouTube

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Okay,was a/c available on the solid lifter,hp engines?This guy claims that it's a "Documented" ,original 409 car,but it has a factory appearing ac vents in the car,

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Okay,was a/c available on the solid lifter,hp engines?This guy claims that it's a "Documented" ,original 409 car,but it has a factory appearing ac vents in the car,

No ac not available on 61 or 62 409 cars if you are purchasing I’d like to read the documentation then there are a few photos I would need to see
Robert

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Short memory Robert, you sat beside me while I tried to buy this car last year at Hershey. Normally A/C wasn't available on the high horse 409 cars but that car was a "mule" car, thought to be the first 409 car, the A/C was installed to test the new 409 engine to see if it would cool. That car was one of the cars that belonged to the late Dale Armstrong. It is the real deal, the car has two cowl tags, the second identifies it as a mule or test car.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I assume this is a dealership that now owns the car but when I visited the website I don't see the car in the inventory. Also wonder what the price is.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I assume this is a dealership that now owns the car but when I visited the website I don't see the car in the inventory. Also wonder what the price is.[/QUOTE
You can assume the price is significantly higher than the high auction house bid was
Robert

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
It is cheap, i bid the car to 100k, we were jumping the bid 5k at a time and i was concerned that i was bidding against myself because i could never see who the other bidder was. And there was only 2 bidders, me and the other guy so i stopped and the other guy bid another 5k and got it. I wasnt convinced the other bids were real and i figured i might get a call the following day from the auction house saying something had gone wrong with the other bidder but it didnt happen so the sale was legit. I should have kept going but i really didnt want the car, i just wanted to make sure someone didnt steal it.