C-26 with front carb only

425/409ER

Well Known Member
I have some kids that want to put a early SB in a 4th gen Camaro. The car is a V6 so no great loss there, the problem I told these guys is carburetor to hood clearance. Here is an idea that was floated by me and I would like to ask you guys this. The one kid said if he used a C-26 Edelbrock intake and just ran off the front carb, would the car run ok? I know my kids SB ran fine with one in the past but I would thing that you may have to turn the front carb backwards to get the primaries closer to the center of the intake myself. I am not sure how it will go when you boot it to the floor? I think the rear cyls would run lean but who knows. What do you guys think?

`

425/409ER

Well Known Member
The heads are just stockish GM heads with a good valve job. The reason is that the engine is set so far back that the carb interferes with the wiper assy. I like the idea of using the dual quad but the car really needs a flat type single 4 intake manifold. I am not sure which aftermarket intake is the flattest but the C26 is by far the lowest I have seen so far.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wouldn't be able to keep the fuel air mixture suspended properly because its not designed for that kind of use. Now if you were to tap the intake for a fuel rail, stuff it with injectors and just use the valves on the carb for air control it would work pretty well. I have seen this done. But there is a ton of work to get that mess to work right.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Wouldn't be able to keep the fuel air mixture suspended properly because its not designed for that kind of use. Now if you were to tap the intake for a fuel rail, stuff it with injectors and just use the valves on the carb for air control it would work pretty well. I have seen this done. But there is a ton of work to get that mess to work right.

Isn't that the way the car was sent from the factory?