Heavy heart

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Todays not a good day for me I just got back from the Vets because I had to have my little beloved little Calico Kit put to sleep .She was thirteen and for the last 3 weeks she wasn't eating very good then I had to use a syringe to feed her and she wasn't liking that one bit so I thought it would be best to put her out of her misery. She had the herpes virus so everyday of her 13 years she had a bad cold and was sneezing all the time, I myself couldn't imagine having a bad cold that long I guess I'm really surprised she lasted this long but she never acted like it got her down I guess she never knew what it was like not to have a cold. I'm really going to miss her she was good company Calicos are a different breed of cat their pretty unique and fun so now I'm just going to let the Lord watch out for her where she won't have a cold anymore and no more sickness and hopefully if I play my cards right I'll see her and all her Sister that preceded her in Heaven.

Mark

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Mark, we had a calico for 20 years, she had a stroke while I was holding her in my arms, the stroke seizure caused her to bite me hard in the left arm, I have 4 puncture scars to this day, that bite was her final act, she died right there, she was reacting to the pain. She was as faithful as all the dogs we've had. Miss her a lot. So sorry for your loss.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm on my 12th German Shepherd, I love the breed but I've never cried so much and so hard when my calico mr. B died back in 78...I'll completely lose it when dutch passes but I know nothing will soften the blow...we must be grateful of the love they shared with us while they were here...

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
The other members have said it all already....... my heart goes out to you, and each and everyone else who’s lost a beloved pet....... because they are much more than that, they are family.......Just rest easy knowing that you gave that beautiful animal a kind loving home and that that beautiful animal gave it all back and more......!!!!!!

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
sorry bubba, i am not a cat person. but a pet that been around a while is part of the family. sorry jim

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
OMG, this is so sad. This is why I haven't been able to get another one. I LOVE cats so much but I just don't think I can go through this again.

You can feel good Mark knowing you cared for your cat so well for her whole life. You did GOOD!

Thanks guys for all your well wishs. Yeah Bob I say that every time and then a stray shows up and that is what Kit was, she was such a mess I couldn't just leave her. Her eyes were all crusted over with matter and so was her nose she had to breath through her mouth and she had the fur rubbed off the inside of her front paws where she had attempted to clear her eyes and nose of all the dried matter.

Mark

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm on my 12th German Shepherd, I love the breed but I've never cried so much and so hard when my calico mr. B died back in 78...I'll completely lose it when dutch passes but I know nothing will soften the blow...we must be grateful of the love they shared with us while they were here...

Yeah 59 as many times as I've had to do it it doesn't get any easier, I try not to get emotional but I've never been able to get a handle on that and I end up acting like a big Boob. It doesn't matter what kind of pet you have if you get attached there's gonna be tears when this day comes. I'm feeling pretty sad right now and probably will be for a couple more weeks but I do know one thing Kits resting easier right now and that is a comfort to me. Just a week ago my Sister had to put down their Golden Retriever he was 10 years old I guess he had a stroke.

Mark

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Mark, we had a calico for 20 years, she had a stroke while I was holding her in my arms, the stroke seizure caused her to bite me hard in the left arm, I have 4 puncture scars to this day, that bite was her final act, she died right there, she was reacting to the pain. She was as faithful as all the dogs we've had. Miss her a lot. So sorry for your loss.

Calico are a different animal and Kit was a feisty little cat when she would do something to make me mad I'd yell at her and I would be pointing my finger at her and she did not like the finger pointing and would start to walk towards my hand then I'd usually tell her if you want to set a new land speed record you just keep acting stupid.:D

Mark

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The other members have said it all already....... my heart goes out to you, and each and everyone else who’s lost a beloved pet....... because they are much more than that, they are family.......Just rest easy knowing that you gave that beautiful animal a kind loving home and that that beautiful animal gave it all back and more......!!!!!!

Thanks Tom, Yeah I thought of them as my kids and thats what makes it all so hard when that day comes.

Mark

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Sorry Mark.:( It hurts, Big Time, to loose a pet. We have lost Many, over the years.:confused Her memory, will be your's forever.:clap Maybe, another friend, will come your way.:dunno:appl