Exceeded my personal best at Winter National

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have goodyears on my trailer that are five years old. Makes me nervous. I upgraded to 16 inch which a lot of people claim solves the random blowout problem. I think the tires are for trailers these days are just junk and nearly all made in china. The lowboy trailer at work has Michelins that are probably 15 years old with no issue and they sit in the sun 365 days a year.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
This isn't just the Goodyear tires. This phenomenon is happening with alarming frequency with the Goodyear tires as well as trailer tires. I blew a tire on my brand new trailer within the first 600 miles. The RV center bit the bullet on this one and told me of many customers coming in from out of state buying trailers and not making it to the New York State line which is only 25 miles away. Sad.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
My new toy hauler has 16 ply tires. I believe....it's in winter storage and I can't see it!!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
An update:
I have just returned from the Charlotte NC ATC dealer and they have repaired my trailer from the tire's explosions and it looks great. I have attached before and after photos.
Ran into a problem coming home late Friday night. A storm that blew through the east coast caused high winds and they shut the bay bridge tunnel at Norfolk down and I was stuck in a long line of rigs. Later they lifted to level two restrictions but I can't travel as I am level one restricted to those bridges. An hour before I got there a OTR tractor trailer was blown over on the bridge! I could not get home by going up to Annapolis to cross the upper Bay Bridge as it was wind restricted also.
When I finally got to cross early Saturday am it was white knuckle time as the trailer was light with no car and the winds were perpendicular to me.
Robert

Nni7Vo+kSWGQCWbTGoyJBw.jpgilcFZ806QxKl5MIaW2Fedg.jpg0dhaN00hR+ipXioQal0cNA.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Watch out for the mail boxes too
yeah there are allot of things to watch out for besides mailboxes. There are Georgia hedges, fuel island steel protection barriers and of course illegally parked car bumpers to add to the list.:cool:
Robert