Fred Totten 409 shootout.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
As Ray stated they want us back! They requested that I meet them at the Piston Power Show in Cleveland. So I did yesterday along with Ricky and Don Kieliszek and Mark Steele ( I passed this by Ray prior because I wasn't going to step on his toes as it was his event and he said go for it). We talked with Ken Edgar and JIm Curtis they really want us back. I put a couple things on the table including trophies, a payout and a spot for show cars with us they said they could work it out. I told them I wasn't deciding anything until I saw if we could get enough cars to come first and they said they would only need 8-10 cars for a class to start with. I know most of us have already made our plans for the summer this year but if there is any interest in making this event it is always the weekend after memorial day. This year it is May 31st and June 1st so it is a two day event. As Ray said lets hear your feedback. I will be talking to them this week possibly after I see what kind of interest we have.

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Ray and Bryan, It looks like this event is going to come together. GREAT! I think most guys will be pleased - some won't. We seem to be a group of individualists. This can be good and this can be difficult to deal with.
Mike and I are TEAM PLAYERS! Please put us on the list! We will be happy to be there and help in any way we can.
Mark

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am interested to see what they are going to offer. Saturday when we talked with Ken and Jim, it was obvious they are both very interested in having our group back. I can’t tell you how many people I see at other local shows and events that are disappointed the “409’s” haven’t been to the gasser reunion the last few years. I think they have finally began to realize that our group alone will draw a crowd and all the spectactors are either in the stands or on the fences when we run. We have had a great time there in the past and I hope that we can get enough of a turnout for this to be a success for both our group and the track... I too will help out any way I can!!:think

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I would have liked to revisit Thompson but that weekend I'll be near you all in Auburn Indiana for our annual AACA Grand National Show the same dates and will be towing back East Sunday morning. I am showing the blue "real 61 SS".
Tommy is showing also but is showing a "pontiac" not a 409 car!
Robert
I guess I could stop by on the way back as I'll be running I-90/80 East

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I just looked the distance; closer than I thought. Auburn to Thompson is closer than I thought (4 hours). I could be there at lunch time Sunday if Ray is still cooking lunch! I wonder if Thompson will let me in back to where you all will be as I'll have the trailer and non-raceable 61 409 with me
Robert

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'm starting a list to have an idea of how many will come. I will have definite answers on what they will do for us in a couple weeks. I've also told them that next year will be a different negotiation depending on how many cars.
Racing
1 Mark Steele
2 Ricky and Loreen Ingrahm
3 Dyno Don Kieliszek
4 Ray Barnhart
5 Bryan Fugate
6 Brian Lombombard
7 Tom Geib
8 Bo Martin
9 Denny Ford

Show cars
1 Gordy Brom
2 Bob Kopachko Ricky how do spell that and what's Gordys last name?

Last edited:

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm starting a list to have an idea of how many will come. I will have definite answers on what they will do for us in a couple weeks. I've also told them that next year will be a different negotiation depending on how many cars.
Racing
1 Mark Steele
2 Ricky and Loreen Ingrahm
3 Dyno Don Kieliszek
4 Ray Barnhart
5 Bryan Fugate
6 Brian Lombombard
7 Tom Geib
8 Bo Martin
9 Denny Ford

Show cars
1 Gordy
2 Bob Kopochek Ricky how do spell that and what's Gordys last name?
Bryan... I believe it goes something like “Kopachko” and Gordy “Brom”?? They are both on here occasionally so if Ive got them buggered up hopefully they will correct me.... Thanks for all the stuff you do for our group and let me know if you need anything else!:beer

Bomar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ray and Bryan, It looks like this event is going to come together. GREAT! I think most guys will be pleased - some won't. We seem to be a group of individualists. This can be good and this can be difficult to deal with.
Mike and I are TEAM PLAYERS! Please put us on the list! We will be happy to be there and help in any way we can.
Mark
Mark for some reason I think you should put Freds car on the shirt. LOL

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Bo, for some reason I think Fred's car looked a little different back when he drove it. Do you have a high quality photo of him and his car? If so, I will protect it and send it back to you. Thanks for your suggestion. I think it is perfect!