Reparations

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ok lets sue the Brits the French & Spain for getting these wheels rolling telling us we need slave labor and lets not forget about their own people their Tribal elders for giving their people away in the first place if it wasn't for these people there wouldn't be any talk of reparations.

Mark

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
It's not even a racial issue, although it's seen as one. Any time you take any group and make them a target for exploitation,politically,morally or socially, there comes a two standards system-lesser standards for the ones being exploited, and higher standards for the rest of us. Fact is, we're being exploited by the perpetrators of this great society lie, because without us, how would they pay for it? Seems like liberalism thrives on exploitation all the way around.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
It's not even a racial issue, although it's seen as one. Any time you take any group and make them a target for exploitation,politically,morally or socially, there comes a two standards system-lesser standards for the ones being exploited, and higher standards for the rest of us. Fact is, we're being exploited by the perpetrators of this great society lie, because without us, how would they pay for it? Seems like liberalism thrives on exploitation all the way around.

I’m not making light of the situation and the fact that slavery actually took place...... but how many of those slave relations lead to a better lifestyle.... being born in the greatest country in the world..... to be born in, and to have all the rights that they are entitled........ to me........ somewhere they should feel grateful and fortunate nonetheless........And I’m not making light of their situation....... I had no control over my ancestry, just like they had no control of theirs.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Maybe someday when unicorns fart rainbows as they fly by the "oppressed and downtrodden" will read what Keith just said and think about how different their lives could have been if they had not been born in the USA. (Of course the libtards will complain about the unicorns depleting the ozone layer)
I get so sick of hearing all their ridiculous reasons/excuses why they are entitled to something because of events that happened generations ago. Really people? Your claims of forced poverty and disadvantage are not exclusive to the USA. Move back to wherever your great great grandparents were uprooted from and see how poverty and disadvantage really looks!

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Their socio-economic position in society, is due to one thing and one thing only. RESPECT. They have none. They don't respect their heritage. They don't respect themselves. They don't respect each other. They don't respect their women. They don't respect their children. They disparage themselves by the vulgar, offensive name calling both in person and music; if that's what it's called. You use that same language and you're a racist. 72% of black households with kids, are single parent households. That's something to be proud of alright. Many years ago, Bill "Jello" Cosby, gave a speech at some type of black convention. He said that black parents will buy their kids a pair of $200.00 sneakers but not spend anytime with them doing homework. He tells the absolute truth and his own people wanted to tar and feather him. Bet he wasn't invited back. This could go on and on with other examples, but enough said, Carmine.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Their socio-economic position in society, is due to one thing and one thing only. RESPECT. They have none. They don't respect their heritage. They don't respect themselves. They don't respect each other. They don't respect their women. They don't respect their children. They disparage themselves by the vulgar, offensive name calling both in person and music; if that's what it's called. You use that same language and you're a racist. 72% of black households with kids, are single parent households. That's something to be proud of alright. Many years ago, Bill "Jello" Cosby, gave a speech at some type of black convention. He said that black parents will buy their kids a pair of $200.00 sneakers but not spend anytime with them doing homework. He tells the absolute truth and his own people wanted to tar and feather him. Bet he wasn't invited back. This could go on and on with other examples, but enough said, Carmine.

Maybe in ole Puddin Pop's neighborhood they bought their kids $200 sneakers but out in the real-world its more like go out and steal a pair of $200 sneakers and give it to their kids at least the ones that did have a Father.

Mark

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Our society has been over backyards to try and help those less privileged. Lets take a look at affirmative action. I guess their intent was to have people in government jobs that better represent the overall population. For example, if blacks represent 12% of the population, then maybe that same percentage should work at the fire dept. Good in theory. I don't necessarily have a problem with that. But what they did, is make the written test easier and lower the requirements for the job, so that more minorities would pass. What?? Are you kidding me?? Then, if that's not enough, they set up separate lists; one for whites, one for minorities, one for females, one for whatever else their imagination created. By lowering your standards, you're also lowering the caliber of person applying. Talk about reverse discrimination, here it is. I do believe it might have been challenged but i don't know any outcomes. The reason I mention this is in relationship to my other thread #46 having to do with respect. If I was a minority and found out the written test had to be made easier for me to pass it, I'd be appalled, embarrassed, angry, etc. My thinking would be that some don't think I'm as smart as a white person, therefore making the test easier. Baloney. I'd take that real personal. But, some just don't have that self respect that they need. In my area (NY, so what else is new), they promote this affirmative action big time. They do everything possible to get minorities to take the written test except take it for them. They practically beg them to sign up for the exam. Maybe they'll realize someday, that some people don't want to work. They aren't motivated enough. Why should they be with all the giveaways, Carmine.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
I’m not making light of the situation and the fact that slavery actually took place...... but how many of those slave relations lead to a better lifestyle.... being born in the greatest country in the world..... to be born in, and to have all the rights that they are entitled........ to me........ somewhere they should feel grateful and fortunate nonetheless........And I’m not making light of their situation....... I had no control over my ancestry, just like they had no control of theirs.
You're absolutely right here. Would you be better off being a slave in Mississippi or a banker in Tehran? Here, you won't disappear in the middle of the night and be fed to the goats.

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Our society has been over backyards to try and help those less privileged. Lets take a look at affirmative action. I guess their intent was to have people in government jobs that better represent the overall population. For example, if blacks represent 12% of the population, then maybe that same percentage should work at the fire dept. Good in theory. I don't necessarily have a problem with that. But what they did, is make the written test easier and lower the requirements for the job, so that more minorities would pass. What?? Are you kidding me?? Then, if that's not enough, they set up separate lists; one for whites, one for minorities, one for females, one for whatever else their imagination created. By lowering your standards, you're also lowering the caliber of person applying. Talk about reverse discrimination, here it is. I do believe it might have been challenged but i don't know any outcomes. The reason I mention this is in relationship to my other thread #46 having to do with respect. If I was a minority and found out the written test had to be made easier for me to pass it, I'd be appalled, embarrassed, angry, etc. My thinking would be that some don't think I'm as smart as a white person, therefore making the test easier. Baloney. I'd take that real personal. But, some just don't have that self respect that they need. In my area (NY, so what else is new), they promote this affirmative action big time. They do everything possible to get minorities to take the written test except take it for them. They practically beg them to sign up for the exam. Maybe they'll realize someday, that some people don't want to work. They aren't motivated enough. Why should they be with all the giveaways, Carmine.

Exactly! In the days of slavery, Democrats (not Republicans) needed this “class” to get ahead. Slaves were dependent on the Democrats to live. We now have “modern day” dependence/slavery. Democrats want minorities to be dependent on them for everything. Why? To get the minority vote, so democrats stay in power. The minorities like and want to keep all the government freebies. Why work or get an education when supported by the government? They’re afraid that if they vote democrats out, they will be on the losing end. Minorities keep voting Democrats in so they keep on the getting “the best deal”. Really took off with Democrat Lyndon Johnson and his Great Society debacle. Becomes a viscous cycle from generation to generation - just the way Democrats want - to stay in POWER.

Fuzz

MAGA

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Fuzz has this thing exactly the way it is. It's a form of ownership. In the 30 years I worked for the City of Los Angeles fixing cars,trucks,and vans,I took the promotional exam and interviews half a dozen times or so. I read up on equal opportunities and affirmative action, came up with definitions for each,since in the interview session,they don't want textbook answers, they want you to phrase answers in your own words in order that they can see how you think.Affirmative action was not really a quota system, it was designed to make the workplace reflect the diversity of the city that it serves. EOE was designed to allow all employees the same access to promotions, trainings, job openings, etc. without regards to race, quotas, tokenism, etc. (Don't word it that way in any interviews you're going to, however!!)If you take the racial and cultural distinctions off of it, it makes more sense when you grasp the larger picture of it. I must have done OK, because the last two times I went through the whole game, I scored #1 on one list, tied with 2 other guys, we all had the same score, then the last time I tried it, I scored #3 on the list. I went to a LOT of further interviews from various departments, but the list expired every two years. My department didn't need to promote anybody until after the list was done for. Other departments tended to promote from within since their personnel seemed more familiar with that department's operations and ways of doing things. The early days of affirmative action weren't exactly carried out right, as the rush was on to staff departments with personnel reflective of the population at large in order to keep the feds off our case. That didn't exactly work, some positions couldn't be filled due to a lack of available applicants, after all, how many Latina journeyman jet engine mechanics are out there trying to work for the airport? Ans. None. That resulted in staffing shortages until the whole affirmative action details and goals got worked out.
I never let political correctness stand in my way ever. I went to work, stayed out of trouble as much as possible, did my job and had perfect attendance on several rating periods. When I left,I had the last laugh on a few detractors, as a lot of good friends showed up to my retirement lunch. My lifes' motto was always,"Success is the best revenge."

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
9d6fc6ea598e44036969c15f96c3228d4c44284a8c34385c03f28602a05ce00e.jpg

Junky

Well Known Member
This was kicked around about 30 years ago by then-Rep. John Conyers of Michigan. It didn't go anywhere then, and I don't think it will go anywhere now. Why don't all these people consider a class action law suit against the Democrats, that is who kept them in slavery. Lincoln was a Republican, and it was the Republican's that pushed the idea of abolishing slavery. If these people only were to take a few history classes, they might actually begin to understand our country, culture, and where we were and where we are going. There are all these politicians that want to give money out like it is candy, but never think about where all the money is going to come from. Certainly, they aren't going to take a pay cut, or give up their salary for life. They want us, the working people to keep feeding the monsters (laws) that they passed, and keep digging deeper into our pockets.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I hope Junky is right about this reparation issue not going any place. Seems to have a few congressional people talking about it. Promoting it. If they think it's a good idea, let them pay it. This affirmative action has been with us since the mid 70's and isn't going away. What a bunch of horse manure this is. Lowering the standards and difficulty of the written test so that some can pass. (Hope they don't ever use that approach to a medical college exam). Begging people to take the exam. Establishing separate lists. Whatever happened to motivation, enthusiasm, preparation, desire, etc., you know, all those things you should be doing if you want to be a successful test taker. Went the way of the Pontiac and Olds I guess, Carmine.

Junky

Well Known Member
I asked my surgeon where he learned cardiac surgery, and how well he did on the test. He replied that he failed the test, but was able to do a book report on the procedure instead. He must have had that book open to the correct page when he did my open heart surgery, because it turned out OK. You just have to have faith in those that don't pass the test, that they can learn on the job and become proficient. :);):D