'58 - 348 Tri Power

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Here's the solution, buy Don Jacks a first class ticket to your nearest air strip, put him up in a first class motel, that's a Comfort Inn for us hillbillies, and let him sit in on your guys diagnosis. I will guarantee you that it would be money well spent. And he could learn your Dyno guy a trick or two.

july2849

Well Known Member
I used Edlebrock heads from Speedway {they do not sell the gaskets-duh-got them from Summit I think) fit perfectly.

I did not try a tri power intake-used a 409 2 - 4 barrel-bolted right up.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ok, this will not help, why does this bother me so much? I have posted before. Pontiac motor division, three two barrel carburation, Tri Power. Chevrolet three two barrel carburation, triple two barrel carburation, or "Tripps" . Mopar three two carburation, six pack. Oldsmobile three two carburation, J2. Please, Tri power is a Pontiac term!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
What did Chevrolet (GM) call that 3x2 setup on the Corvette 427from the late 60s?

That would be the 435 horse version with the solid lifters or the 390 horse 3x2 with the hydraulic cam, right?

TomK

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
What did Chevrolet (GM) call that 3x2 setup on the Corvette 427from the late 60s?

That would be the 435 horse version with the solid lifters or the 390 horse 3x2 with the hydraulic cam, right?

TomK
Tom,you don't want to know what we in the Chevrolet dealerships called them.Out of 30 technitions in our store,there was 1 guy that could get them to work right, :grumbleand I got stuck fixing them.Fortunately by the time they got to me,they were out of warranty.:good