61 impala bubbletop

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm really suprised one of you mid westerners didn't know about this car...it is sitting in kansas city, kansas...it feels lie a year since I got the car and I have a week to go...:rolleyes

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
got the car, nice as I expected...the brake light is on and the pedal is dangerously close to the floor...I'm assuming the "booster" on the firewall is a power booster, looks kinda odd to me...so much for original paint...it's been resprayed mebbe 30 years ago, it was done right, trim was removed...lots of molding dings, look like I'm gonna learn how to straighten it all after removing all the dings...all there and very minimal rust but it's all surface rust...a very solid foundation for a hotrod...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
took a few pics of the impala, sure do have a job cut out for me...

Attachments

• IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0758.JPG
    IMG_0758.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 47

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
phil, the sellers name was charles leapheart...it seems he bought it at an estate sale and got it running, barely, and flipped it...his name was never on a title as the one I got was from the previous owner assigned in 1990...the warranty card, book, and manual were in the glovebox...the warranty was specific to that car due to having the vin and dealers info stamped on it...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
baby shit beige, or as GM called it almond beige...I absolutely hate the color...I'm tempted to media blast it just so I don't have to look at it but that would be way out of sequence for what I want to do...

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
That's what I thought. I have a 61 Belair that was originally Corona Cream over Fawn interior. Not sure if she's going back those colors (if I ever get on it...).

Have fun with it as it is cosmetically, mess with the mechanicals to make it a reliable driver, then make it yours after getting to know it for a while :).