Archie Bunker. The Jeffersons

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Next Wed. night....a 1 1/2 hour LIVE show of one of the original shows will be on ABC !!!!!!!
New actors obviously but REAL episodes that aired originally!!!!
GREAT HUMOR but not real political as it is now!!!!!
As TomK says.....cheers!!!!!!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I wonder how the history revisionist are going to rewrite this one. Let's see, Meathead is actually bisexual and dating guys on the side and sally is 100% supportive because they are swingers. Edith is now the dominant one while wearing a burka and Archie is subservient and walks 3 paces behind and to the left. Those were the days...……….

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
It will be interesting to see how it compares to the old shows. Probably like Jeff said above. Archie absolutely will not be allowed to say the things he did back then. He was a bigot, racist, domineering, funny SOB. Replacing Archie would be like replacing Carson. It's similar to a remake of the songs we heard in the 60's. You just can't recapture those kind of things.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That is the problem with living too long. Almost everything becomes a repeat, remake, etc. It is rare that I see any real creativity coming from shows and movies. Music is often copied, however with changing styles etc., you get new stuff. However even music is constantly copied and remade. Come to think about it, I guess we are just copying or recreating the past ourselves with the cars we love. That's ok though because its my story and I give us all a big fat exemption