Newbie from Ohio

baker_7361

Hello all,

Newbie from Ohio. Got a 62 Impala 409 clone. 656 casting number truck block. Low compression heads. Found it rebuilt at a swap meet for cheap and had to have it. Bought some shiny dress up stuff, added an electronic distributor, and dropped it in. The car has been done since 2013. I'm no stranger to the site. When I was putting my car together, I was on this site all the time lurking. Every question I had was answered on here before. I learned a lot here. You guys were huge help. I might have gotten an account back in the day but I'm sure I didn't most much if at all.

Way back when I was in a hurry to get my car done and had run out of money so I just slapped the rest of it together redneck style. I've been driving the car basically in that condition ever since. Here pretty soon, I'm going to finish some things and do a mini resto and sure up some things that didn't get done in 2013. I've learned some things and improved some of my skills. I've acquired another truck block. Same casting number. Might build it more for performance and drop it in. I look forward to getting to know you guys. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 42

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome we've got a few events coming up in Ohio. One at Thompson raceway park May 31st -June 1st and the big one at Dragway 42 in West Salem, Ohio Aug 23-25th come on out and bring the hell even make some passes with it. It will be a bracket race so anyone can win.Theres another event in Maryland June 14-15th I believe and Iowa around July 12th

56739386_10213403473822941_3868172448721534976_n.jpg

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome back to the site .......I like the overall appearance of your vehicle...... the white with the red stripe insert..... the stance...... the wheels..... very nice........ I’d say you hit the nail right on the head....!!!!

baker_7361

Thank you all for your compliments.

Went to Cincy Street Rods car show yesterday. First time out of the garage this year. Had some air bag issues but it made it back. Its always something.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome from Sturgeon Missouri nice car!:good
I've been to Dayton many many times, and Troy Ohio. Worked for Hobart for 21 years and I've had a lot of training and have run all over the country up there. Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is a place every veteran and every Gearhead should visit, get a hotel room cuz you can't see it all in one day! And there's no charge to get in, better take some comfortable shoes....

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The Base is a must see. Tooth if you ever get back this way holler we can try to get together.
I'm sure I'll be back up there sometime for updates on training and I will let you know, not sure when that'll be. Whenever they bring out new lines of equipment sometimes they send us up there for a week or two. Baker 7361 it's an awesome atmosphere at the Museum and at the base. I got to take a special trip over to see Air Force One that Kennedy was brought back in after he was assassinated. All the old retired Air Force One's are over in a special hanger, if you are a history buff and you are patriotic and you like what our veterans have done for us I can't understand why you would not enjoy this beyond belief( as Phil says !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Baker you on the base as a civilian or military. I had family and friends as civilians there. I went there for 2 months for hyperbaric chamber treatments. That is a big chamber with a bunch of smaller coming of of it. Very cool.