63 Catalina

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
First, thanks for posting the pic. Second Oleblu72 posted 2 others from SH*Tbook, so are you now taking the lead on helping us people who refuse to be a part of that *&%$##^%$^&%*%^(^)&#####)__+++_))(*^%%&&$&$&^&* ? :D

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
No, but I can post up the pictures of the said vehicle for you that can't see them. ;)

Edit: Jeff. if anyone see some link to that sewer and you would like to see picture just let me know. Be happy to help. :good

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks La Hot Rods. Many years ago I was on FB to find a few friends. It worked great. Then I realized what it was. So after about a year I got off it. Then after about a year, I went back for about 4 months. Then I left and its been years and I would not go back. However I am also not on any of the other stuff either ( Twitts, Instastupid, etc. ) for the same reasons. I honestly believe they cause more harm than good. I use to want people to have more of a voice. Then they got it. And you can see the results for yourself. Those platforms could be a great thing, but most of the people on them make it the scourge of the 21st centry in my opinion. Thanks again.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I joined the Face only because that was the only way I could get in touch with the owner of a Aprilia motorcycle I was looking at and I didn't join so I could talk to people because I'm anti-social. I then joined a local classified section on the Face for my county and I have to say I've seen some pretty interesting cars and bikes and other things for sale that wasn't advertised like on Craig's List. Not only that the town where this Catalina lives is where the Buzzards come home to roost every year and I thought some members might like to join in on the roosting fun because they throw a big celebration when this happens. Imagine the envious look your friends would have on their face if you were walking around sporting a Hinckley Buzzard T-shirt or ballcap or both so times a wastin get them while there hot.:D

Mark

Last edited:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I've been to Hinckley to welcome home the buzzards, but that's been more than 40 years ago :).

Learned to swim in that nearby lake, can't remember the name now. Had a kind of a waterfall that fed the lake. That 20 foot drop seemed more like a mile to this young kiddo :).

TomK

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Please no one take direct offense on my opinion of most social media. It is not directed at any particular person. It the larger crowd and how they act. They turn the simplest things into a national crisis like 5th graders.

I thought Craig's List and E-bay was bad but Facebook takes it to a new height 5th graders could do a better job describing what their trying to sell and no offense taken.:D

Mark

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I've been to Hinckley to welcome home the buzzards, but that's been more than 40 years ago :).

Learned to swim in that nearby lake, can't remember the name now. Had a kind of a waterfall that fed the lake. That 20 foot drop seemed more like a mile to this young kiddo :).

TomK

Then you have Dick Goddard's Woolly Bear festival in Vermillion Oh. I think they still have it but ole Dicks getting right up there age wise . I just went and checked and it seems that in the news they were saying he died from cancer but I guess this is not true he's around 88 years old and I guess he's still with us, that's good cause Dick seemed like a real nice guy.:D I got a kick out of when Dick would do skits with a local show in Cleveland called Big Chuck & Hoolihan and I'm not remembering if he made appearances on one other show in Cleveland called Ghoulardi. The star on this show went on to Hollywood and did the voice for ABC announcing shows you might remember his voice on the Love Boat

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=big+chuck+and+hoolihan&qpvt=big+chuck+and+hoolihan&FORM=VDRE

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ghoulardi&qpvt=ghoulardi&FORM=VDRE

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...pvt=dick+goddard+woolybear+festival&FORM=IGRE

Mark

Last edited:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Wow, that's a surreal flashback, mentioning Ghoulardi :) :) :).

I grew up in Parma, Ohio (Mom still lives there) and Ernie Anderson was my Pack Leader in Troop #377 Cub Scouts circa 1961. He lived one block over from us :).

Ernie was the local weatherman, then on Saturday nights (or was it Friday?) his alter ego "Ghoulardi" took to the screen as a beatnik persona in and around a large number of "B" movies. "Cool it with the boom booms" was one his signature phrases. And who can forget those white socks worn by folks in Parma :).

Cheers! TomK

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
When he started playing they old corny Flash Gordon series that sure was a crowd pleaser. He gave ole Dorothy Fultine (don't remember how her name is spelled) a pretty hard row to hoe until he just about got fired over it.:D

Mark

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I didn't live out your guys way, or at that time, but I think lots of areas had a guy like Ghoulardi. We had a similar one with the B monster etc. movies. Todays kids get Svengoolie.