Background checks

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I dont know about all states but in Oregon we have background checks on all guns weather bought new at a gun store or.a gun show where most are used, you dont leave with a gun without a approved background check period! The news seems to report it differently. :finger

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
They also cannot seem to understand the difference between a Semi, and Automatic weapon :wtf I don't care how fast I pull the trigger, I am not going to shoot as fast as automatic. Like most here, been there done that and can attest to it from experience.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Pat, I hope you were careful in Joburg. That has to be one of the more dangerous places in the world to be, and having a weapon on you doesn't get you even close to the many criminals who reside there. I would not take a cab ride in that town!

Last I was there, I took a ride from a cabbie who had a Ph.D. in Computer Science who could not find employment. He mentioned that the unemployment rate was something like 45%...

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Tom, you are so, so correct!! Joburg is a mess.
I did get a quality tour company for the day. Still felt uneasy.
Oh, and the Iranians, all 3 very nice, spoke perfect English and were dressed in Western clothes. But now they have a little different view of America:D:D

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
I was in Johannesburg, South Africa about 3 years ago. Took a local tour and the driver picked up people from several hotels. Three people got on from Iran. The men were there for a conference, the woman was one of the men’s wife, nicely dressed, Polo shoes, Gucci clothes, etc. when they learned I was from the USA, they immediately ask about guns.

I began to tell them that every American had lots of guns and thousands of rounds of ammo!! They asked why, I said because we can :brow, they were shocked.

I explained how we gained our independence from England and it will never be taken away from us, especially with trillions of rounds of ammo in closets, basements, storage unites, etc.
When I showed them a photo of one of my sons with his assault rifle and a stack of wild hogs, I explained he was just practicing.

They stopped talking to me:D!!!!
The stack of hogs is what shook them up. Gunfire,explosions,implements of violence all seem to be a cultural norm over there. Sad thing, many of them are probably nice people and are forced to live in that mess. Their country did it to them, not us. I never discuss with anybody what guns I have or not have, or how much ammo I bought last June 29th. Some things get discussed around here on a need-to-know basis, and that gets decided by me.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
[QUOTE="Greg Reimer, post: 461472, member: 3447" I never discuss with anybody what guns I have or not have, or how much ammo I bought last June 29th. Some things get discussed around here on a need-to-know basis, and that gets decided by me.[/QUOTE]

:yup :appl:appl:appl At least not on social media.

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
One of the groups I hang with, guns is usually the only thing we talk about. No murderers, no knees during our National Anthem, no talk of diversity, very few deadbeats, plenty of veterans, old racers, and just lots of conservative, proud Americans. That tells you there aren't many libs in the crowd. Shove it if you're a lib gun hater.

Fact check that.

Last edited: