1959 El Camino 348 Stroker

alexm900

Well Known Member
I have been putting this off for a long time. It is the Elky 60th birthday, and I have found a lot of the pictures of the restoration that thought were lost. I acquired this car in 2012, finally, after wanting one for nearly 20 years. The repairs and light restoration has been very slow but I am getting somehow close to having it on the road. Pictures (with comments) are worth a thousand words.

alexm900

Well Known Member
us01.jpgus2.jpgus3.jpgus4.jpg

Last pictures sent to me by the seller : 4 floor pans repaired/changed at some point, visually straight frame rails (except for a light crumple at the RHS rear), and small rust area in the "smuggler's box"... at that point I have to go and see the car for closer inspection.

alexm900

Well Known Member
Back in 2012, removal of windscreen and rear glass to repair water leaks

Photo6.jpg

Badly positioned top windscreen reveal molding ^

Photo2.jpg
Photo1.jpg

Reference note, thru hole for top reveal molding clip ^

Rooflining02.JPG

Partial removal of headlining to access nuts of clips holding both front and rear reveal moldings ^

PassengerSideFrontDrainHole.jpg

Drain grommet and drain hose (x4) plugged with debris, rubber has become brittle ^

alexm900

Well Known Member
I wanted a black interior, so started on that around the end of 2012, early 2013

smsfabric.jpg

Got some 1959 GM grey/black samples from SMS (OR) and decided to go for the Impala (third from the left) ^ >>>

hubcaps1.JPG

Got some 59 hubcaps for Christmas (right) ^>

dashpaint01.jpg

black (piano black) is the new black ^

Last edited: