CARSINC POOR WORKMANSHIP

Junky

Well Known Member
An interesting development happened today at 7 PM, when I got a call from a representative of Cars Inc. They are not going to be replacing my front seat, just because of the material color difference, however, we are working on a solution with me supplying the cloth, and paying some of the costs. As much as I am unhappy about the matter, I can understand their position.

these seat covers were purchased in 2017 and did not send pictures or willing to just wanted to post part of the story to try and force CARS to do things the way he wants how many companies would cover all cost after 2 years
What's your stake in this discussion?

I did mention that there is another dissatisfied customer that has posted on the 348-409 forum, and his first comment to me wass that the seat was 2 years old. I replied, that the person who made the post, failed to mention this. It is my belief that he should have accepted the offer that they made to him without hesitation. Looking at the first picture, it appears that the vinyl has torn at the stitching, which would indicate to me that the seat material was stressed beyond its limits. What cause this would only be conjecture on any ones part. I could give an opinion, but I don't think it is my place to do so.

I believe that "greatchevy" is the representative that I spoke with this evening, and I do believe that he tries his best to make all customers happy. Unfortunately, in this case I don't believe that the customer can or will be satisfied.

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
First let me say that I’ve intentionally stayed away from posting until greatchevy replied to Phil’s post asking what his stake was in this. greatchevy has posted since, but didn’t answer Phil’s question. Why greatchevy? greatchevy, you must work for CARSINC. Why don’t you just come out and say it? I never posted the purchase date because I never thought about it. Tome, they are “new”. I have to agree with Dave’s post about their use - being as this car is used very little and stored for 6-7 months a year. And yes greatchevy, you are correct. They were purchased in October of 2017. You don’t have to look at purchase order date, I did, and it was October 25. So let’s timeline this a little. Probably took 5-6 days to be delivered - puts it at November 1. I stored them in my bedroom closet until weather in Iowa was good enough to drive car to upholstery shop. Upholstery guy installed first week of May 2018. That’s 6 months. I didn’t even know if car would make it the 30 mile one way trip and back because I didn’t have engine timed and carb set real good. But did. Got car home and it was garage bound trying to get engine problems solved. Took it to a couple engine shops and they wanted to take out the cam and replace because I don’t know what cam is in it. Engine was really a dog taking off and they both thought that would eliminate problem. Didn’t hardly drive the ‘57 most of summer because of this. That’s about 3-4 months. Enough about that. Last year I would say that the front seat had less than 5-6 hours use time. Put car up on lift third week of September until middle of May - about 7 months. Got engine and transmission straightened out this spring with lots of help here - have another post dealing with this. Been driving it more now. When I took it to Earlville (60 miles one way) in July, that’s the furthest I’ve ever driven it. Probably have another 7-8 hours “seat time” on car this summer so far. There’s your 2 years greatchevy.

Now, I completely stand by what I stated in my original post. Was I happy no. I said that. To me the seat covers are new. I stated what took place. I did not lie or tell half of what happened. I asked for opinions and how others would handle this. Did I ever ask anyone or say anything about putting pressure on CARSINC from anyone here to change their mind? No. Just stated what took place and asked about opinions. My original post said I was going to post about my bad seat stitching on car web sites.
In fact I listed questions dealing with different scenarios. Even in CARSINC favor and not mine. I wasn’t going “postal” about it. greatchevy you were not telling the truth when you stated in your first post that I didn’t send pictures and didn’t want to. I sent pictures to the person who sold interior to me, I believe on Saturday or Sunday and called to talk about problem Monday. I will check my sent emails to be sure. And explain to us here what part of the story I left out to “force” CARSINC into doing what I wanted. How can I force CARSINC to do anything? I can be transparent about how I feel. If you notice, other people on this site haven’t been overly happy with CARSINC too. Everyone has their opinions about this. That’s why I asked. I don’t have to agree and neither do they. Finally, this post isn’t to get a feud started. Far from it. I just want to be transparent. I’m not hiding anything.

Fuzz

MAGA

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
2 years = out of warranty

Just a note of correction so actual facts/knowledge are known. Not two years/24 months - actually 20 months now and 19 months when discovered from purchase date and 14 months from installation. Just the correct facts.

Fuzz

MAGA

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
19 months and you used them THEN call a company to claim they made a mistake. Takes some big ones to make that call in my opinion.
I could see a couple months then catch the defect BEFORE installing but after installation and usage and 19 months=no way.
In my opinion the real key would have been to catch the defect before it was installed then you're clean

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Mike,

Thanks for your honest opinions in this post. I do appreciate them. That’s what I asked in the original post - opinions. I gave mine, wanted to hear from those in the know. Don’t remember if this has ever been mentioned, this is my first undertaking rebuilding any car. No excuse, just fact. Learned a lot with this experience and still learning.

And thanks to everyone else for your opinions. No matter if we disagreed or agreed, your opinions were valued and taken to heart. That’s why I asked.

Sitting in church today listening to my pastor’s sermon about the blessings we have, made me think - he’s absolutely right. Could make a mile long list. Living in the greatest country on earth, family, friends, friends here to help, education, good job leading to retirement, and money enough to have “extras” to name a few. As said in original post, I’m happy that my seat cover will be fixed satisfactorily. The rest shall pass.

Fuzz

MAGA

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Reading this thread, brings back a memory to me. About 15 years ago or so, I was restoring my '57 Belair. I'm the type of person that needs everything reasonably possible, on premise before I start anything. Regardless of when I think I might need it, I want it now. So, I bought a complete glass set from a vendor and put it in the basement for future use. I did open the box and inspected a few of the flat pieces that were fine. About 2 years later, it was time to install the glass. The rear went in well as did the door glass. Came time for the windshield. OMG. The driver side of the glass was broken. Only thing holding it together was the plastic in the middle. Now what to do?? I never even considered calling the vendor. Too much time had gone by and I didn't think he would believe me. Heck, I wouldn't believe me either. So, I cut my grief, aggravation and losses by buying a new windshield. Wasn't happy about it, but once installed, it looked great and some of my torment went away. I don't know how this windshield got broken. It wasn't me. It was minimal handling of the carton by myself. Had to happen in transit.
As for the seat cover issue in this posting, I wouldn't like the lack of craftsmanship either, but I do believe I would have a skilled interior trim guy, try and fix what I had. Maybe buy some material so it can be stitched properly?? Everything has a value to it. I may not like it, the added expense, but I'm looking for the best possible result for myself, with the least amount of grief involved. But, that's just me, Carmine.

Junky

Well Known Member
Mike,

Thanks for your honest opinions in this post. I do appreciate them. That’s what I asked in the original post - opinions. I gave mine, wanted to hear from those in the know. Don’t remember if this has ever been mentioned, this is my first undertaking rebuilding any car. No excuse, just fact. Learned a lot with this experience and still learning.

And thanks to everyone else for your opinions. No matter if we disagreed or agreed, your opinions were valued and taken to heart. That’s why I asked.

Sitting in church today listening to my pastor’s sermon about the blessings we have, made me think - he’s absolutely right. Could make a mile long list. Living in the greatest country on earth, family, friends, friends here to help, education, good job leading to retirement, and money enough to have “extras” to name a few. As said in original post, I’m happy that my seat cover will be fixed satisfactorily. The rest shall pass.

Fuzz

MAGA

It has been a couple of months now, and I was wondering what the final outcome of this situation. Was it repaired, and was there a determination of cause of the material failure? You have left us hanging wondering what are the details? Inquiring minds want to know!