Car Show that has a lot of judge categories.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I don’t go to but 1 or 2 car shows ( not even in a car club) with my 62 and if I show it must be for a good cause and some of the funds go to that cause.
Don’t see sitting in the sun all day 8 am to 6 pm to do everyday, but it’s nice to talk to car folks that are knowledgeable and laugh under your breath after talking to others that think they are, and I’m not saying I know a lot.
Was at one yesterday about 450 cars, trucks and bikes car show.
They do pass out a lot of trophies for all the categories and different years they judge.
One of the judges, told me I would have won in one of the categories for my 62 it was under, if I had a FIRE EXTINGUISHER.
Lost by a point because I didn’t have one.
Oh well learn something new everyday.
Also watched the folks that take vehicles to shows ever weekend and don’t take home something. Heard some comments as I was walking back to my car.
Boy that’s something I didn’t care to encounter. but like I said it was nice to talk car stuff. HAPPY MOTORING.

Dave

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Dave, I lost a show one time for the same reason, no fire extinguisher.

When they told me that, I said I had 2 points to make.

FIRST I had no idea I needed one, my fault.

SECOND why in the hell would I build a car to drive that was so bad I needed one!

He just stood there not knowing what to say.

I thanked him for spending his time to judge cars so bad they needed one!

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
for some reason here in the Hot Rod Scene, they hand out points for tool kits and fire extinguishers also spare wheels need to be displayed, I have never understood this, I suppose it is reduce the points for the other sections.

Junky

Well Known Member
Some of the National Marque Car Clubs require the fire extinguisher, and also a wheel chock. Once show I went to, someone was giving out wooden wheel chocks that were cut from a piece of 4 x 4. When everyone left the show, the fellow that was giving them out free, was going around picking them out of the grass, because the cars just drove over them. There are some people that are just trophy hounds, and will moan and groan if they don't get an award. I just go to enjoy the people, and to let them see what a Chevrolet ambulance looked like in 1962, compared to the mega trucks of today.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
AACA National events require every vehicle to have a fully charged fire extinguisher. Last month I entered a car in the POCI Convention in Gettysburg and my AACA approved fire extinguisher did not meet thier specifications, I had to purchase one that met thier requirements. (It was larger)

Junky

Well Known Member
Should have brought a Pontiac fire truck. My 1967 Pontiac erupted in flames, and 3 fire extinguishers were not enough and the fire department finally knocked the flame down with the booster hose. A fire extinguisher with a car fire is like putting a band aid on a severed artery.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I go to car show for the stories that people tell me about my cars. Like," my dad had one just like that except". My favorite story. Was at a show with my 59 El Camino (before I sold it) and this guy kept walking around and around my car. He did this for several minutes. He finally began talking to me. He said when I was about 6 years old, my dad would take me and my sisters to school in a El Camino just like yours. I remember standing behind my dad and looking over his right shoulder. This guy was almost crying telling me this. I explained to him that the spare tire was on the right side behind the seat so he had to stand behind his dad. His dad was gone and this El Camino brought back so many memories.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s