On the road again

RussC

Well Known Member
Jackshaw is in the trailer. I don't think the Chevy is very comfortable...the trailer smells of Hemi! This is a first...the car has never been in an enclosed trailer...mostly tow bar and later an open trailer.
In any event we will travel Wednesday and plan to arrive Thursday afternoon

Attachments

• IMG_1043.JPG
    IMG_1043.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 79

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Does that mean you're coming to the Rock N Race Bob? This could be epic! Absolutely beautiful Russ can't wait to see it in person.
I think everyone familiar with the Z-11 wars of the 60's is anxious to see Russ' finished project. This car is in the top few of the famous Z-11's and the documentation and original paperwork is incredible. Russ has agreed to park his car away from mine so I won't be embarrassed. And oh yeh, Hank's car needs to be in an area all it's own. Mr. Wilson is a stunner!!!

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I think everyone familiar with the Z-11 wars of the 60's is anxious to see Russ' finished project. This car is in the top few of the famous Z-11's and the documentation and original paperwork is incredible. Russ has agreed to park his car away from mine so I won't be embarrassed. And oh yeh, Hank's car needs to be in an area all it's own. Mr. Wilson is a stunner!!!
I'm thinking the three of them together is going to be absolutely stunning!!! You've all done excellent jobs on them.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Jack Shaw and old reliable.......juniors holly farms.....and a lot of Doug Marion and super Chevy ............thats the 63 bug that bit me as a teenager.......can’t shake it!!!!! I’m done for..........stunningly beautiful Russ...........

RussC

Well Known Member
Expectations seem too high. Let me reset the bar. To use Scott Hall's term...Jackshaw is a day two car. If it were a concourse restoration it would be a base 283 sport coupe..,3 on the tree...with a heater delete. That was on day one. On day two it was an A/Fx Z11. The "restoration police" will have a field day pointing out the things that are wrong. The car was an old race car...has always been a race car...we freshened up a bit...but put simply..."It is still just an old race car"

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Expectations seem too high. Let me reset the bar. To use Scott Hall's term...Jackshaw is a day two car. If it were a concourse restoration it would be a base 283 sport coupe..,3 on the tree...with a heater delete. That was on day one. On day two it was an A/Fx Z11. The "restoration police" will have a field day pointing out the things that are wrong. The car was an old race car...has always been a race car...we freshened up a bit...but put simply..."It is still just an old race car"
Probably one of the most famous day 2 cars ever. This is the way the car made history and became an icon of the era. The blasphemy ( spelling?) here would be be someone restoring this car back to its ,as born , day 1 show room condition, which would destroy the history of this car.

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Probably one of the most famous day 2 cars ever. This is the way the car made history and became an icon of the era. The blastfemy ( spelling?) here would be be someone restoring this car back to its ,as born , day 1 show room condition, which would destroy the history of this car.

We'll spoken Dave. History is history.