Lake George NY Hemmings Concours Event

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
This weekend is the Hemmings event at Lake George NY and the 61 real SS is one of the invited cars. Since the 348/409 cars are one of the featured cars this year I am curious as to where other cars are coming from. Are any other members going to be there? I have to show against several other 409 cars in AACA and maybe one or two of them will be there. :dunno
Tommy Nolen has a car coming up there also.
Robert
k%6Xy7TBTVutoXHa494xzQ.jpg
Been prepping for a couple of days.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
This weekend is the Hemmings event at Lake George NY and the 61 real SS is one of the invited cars. Since the 348/409 cars are one of the featured cars this year I am curious as to where other cars are coming from. Are any other members going to be there? I have to show against several other 409 cars in AACA and maybe one or two of them will be there. :dunno
Tommy Nolen has a car coming up there also.
Robert
View attachment 74439
Been prepping for a couple of days.

Yep, I'm looking forward to this show, head to the Lake George tomorrow, I think they plan to have 12 of the 409 cars of which Roberts car will be one of them. I'm curious to see who the other 11 guys are if they aren't members of this site. Maybe we can gain some new members from this
I don't currently have any Chevrolets since Robert came calling :) I'm taking the 62 Injun pictured below for the muscle car class. (it's a tripower/4 speed)20170917_154323 (resized).jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
The actual number of 348/409’s at this Hemmings Event is 9. I am familiar with a couple of them who show in AACA and are national award cars. I hope I can do good enough for our group. One of them is a many door sedan!
It’s kind of nice up here after the peak season at Lake George but the NJ Turnpike isn’t my favorite drive with the trailer. :D
The Hemmings bunch has been great while up here. They have a secure parking lot guarded for us and have organized the trailer layout nicely. There is a Reliable car transport rig in the lot out of Florida with 4 cars in it!!! None in my or Tommy’s class though. Good people.
Tommy made the dinner cruise on the big party boat last night. Big event I didn’t make due to sold out tickets and my later arrival time. Big bar and nice band I heard!
Robert

Last edited:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Lake George Concours was a really different event for me as used to point judging. The staff was great and facilities were great. At the banquet Saturday night I won an autographed book by one of the celebrities as I knew the date of the first Chevrolet V8.
On Sunday the weather was great and the 61 SS gathered public attention. The car placed 3rd in its grouping and during the red carpet awards presentation I was impressed with the discussion about the 61 SS 409 by the MC and celebrity guest.
As I was leaving Tommy was polishing on his unreal Grand Prix so I guess he didn’t get the memo that the awards were an hour earlier!!!
Robert

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Lake George Concours was a really different event for me as used to point judging. The staff was great and facilities were great. At the banquet Saturday night I won an autographed book by one of the celebrities as I knew the date of the first Chevrolet V8.
On Sunday the weather was great and the 61 SS gathered public attention. The car placed 3rd in its grouping and during the red carpet awards presentation I was impressed with the discussion about the 61 SS 409 by the MC and celebrity guest.
As I was leaving Tommy was polishing on his unreal Grand Prix so I guess he didn’t get the memo that the awards were an hour earlier!!!
Robert

Robert, congratulations!!!

Tommy is always looking to improve his ride:D

By the way what date for the first 265?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Pat
Several years ago I was in Nashville at a Grand National show and had time after Judging to walk around and look at other cars. I stopped at a black 1918 Chevrolet and it was V8 very crude but was a V8!!! While reading a data sheet on it I soon learned that the motors were first built in 1917. There were only a few built as I recall. So when the banquet question was asked what year was the first Chevrolet V8, I hollered 1917! I have always remembered that. Of course the entire room answered 1955!:brow
That show was memorable as a well dressed person offered me a very handsome amount for my 62 SS. I didn’t accept the offer because was trying to see how well I could advance in AACA with the car.
Robert