I'm ready, let it come!

heddrik

Well Known Member
This post is why I live in Texas. I'm an Air Force brat, dad was in SAC, so we lived in Maine, Michigan, Indiana, and Massachusetts with Puerto Rico thrown in to give you a taste of the other side of winter. Nice place though, you can keep the snow. I heard Almanac said it would be a colder than usual winter too. Good luck.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Realistically speaking there are benefits and liabilities to living in the south or the north. I like plowing and watching the seasonal changes here in the great white north. Y'all south of the Mason Dixon line are trapped in your house or any air conditioned box in the summer just like you think we're trapped in the winter. When I get up in the morning during a great snow storm besides going out and plowing I build a nice fire in the wood burner sit back have a cocktail and look at the beautiful white winter wonderland. IMG_0072.JPG

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Realistically speaking there are benefits and liabilities to living in the south or the north. I like plowing and watching the seasonal changes here in the great white north. Y'all south of the Mason Dixon line are trapped in your house or any air conditioned box in the summer just like you think we're trapped in the winter. When I get up in the morning during a great snow storm besides going out and plowing I build a nice fire in the wood burner sit back have a cocktail and look at the beautiful white winter wonderland. View attachment 75244
Yes a great spot you have there Ray and i can easily see you sitting there with drink in hand, fire going and looking out to the white wonder land.
Stay warm this winter.

Gav

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I know I won't get any sympathy from those north of the Mason-Dixon, but we had a heck of a front come thru here yesterday. I was working in the shop yesterday with all of the doors open and it was 71 degrees around noon. By 2 PM we had dropped 20 degrees and by 8PM, it was 34 degrees heading toward a low of 27 last night with freezing rain. We had icicles hanging off the roof. I live in South Texas and my shop isn't heated-but then again it also isn't air conditioned. I can live with the heat by turning on the fans, but that doesn't work so well in the winter.

It's a little early for that kind of weather here.
John