Pictures

El Rat

Well Known Member
Check all of the other 12 bolts. If builder error might just show up in one of the other rod bolts. Check to see if there’s evidence of dirt under the bearing. Can’t go farther without more info.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
From your other pictures,it looks to me like one of those rod bolts was snugged down but not torqued down.It then loosened up causing the other one to break.Hopefully the block isn't killed.Another possibly is that the broken bolt streached excessively during torquing and caused the failure.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
From your other pictures,it looks to me like one of those rod bolts was snugged down but not torqued down.It then loosened up causing the other one to break.Hopefully the block isn't killed.Another possibly is that the broken bolt streached excessively during torquing and caused the failure.
If one of the rod bolts was loose you would think there would be a rod knock long before it let loose?

iaco59

Well Known Member
I heard a thump thump, sound like when your tires are going over tared cracks in the road. thought is was a wheel bearing so i was going really slow turning the wheel trying to figure out which one, Right turn I couldnt hear it , left turn it was there. Picked up speed to 40 and bang . Happen that Quick. certainly not a knock knock like a rod would sound.even as i picked up speed the sound was not there. I was wondering about the nuts also. why would he use them?

iaco59

Well Known Member
Yes Don, as soon as i get this block empty I will take to Grand Jct{Top end performance]And have it check and fixed if possible. I have learned so much being on this site. I ask a lot of stupid questions but each time I learn something new Its just good therphy for this old mind. The other engine 655 was built by a guy who worked for car Quest Not sure he ever seen a W before. I know I would never be happy untill I took it all a part and checked everthing and build it with the info I get here.