Tri Power production Numbers for 1959 Impala 348 cu in

Batmobile

Hi Chevy fans...would anyone know how many "tri power" 348s were built for 1959 Impala, cant seem to find this info anywhere,....any info is appreciated....thank you

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Hi Chevy fans...would anyone know how many "tri power" 348s were built for 1959 Impala, cant seem to find this info anywhere,....any info is appreciated....thank you

I'm sure someone could find out, if you have one don't be shy and show us some pictures.
Oh, and welcome aboard. :)

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I think Pat probably has these figures, might take a while to come up with but the Tonawanda production figures should reveal them

Batmobile

Thanks for getting back...heresay production numbers were far apart, from approx 800ish to 3000ish, quite the gap...

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
The production numbers will be for ALL three duce engines built for that years production.I don't think that they kept records of how many went into Impalas alone as they were availebile in Biscaynes and Bel Airs too.:welcome2

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Below are the W engine shipments to the plants, CONV is 3 or 4 speed, others auto trans, Powerglide and Turboglide.
Interesting to note they mixed some RPO code shipments, ie, look at RPO codes 573A is a 280 HP with 3x2’s and 576 is 250HP single 4bbl, combined for 5350 of those. Also a 573E HLC(high lift cam) is a 335 HP with 3x2’s and once again mixed with 576.(no A listings)
Not sure if this helps but it’s about as close as it can come without a better RPO code chart.
At least these are the combinations shipped.

1574192003296.gif

Roger Dahlstrom

Hi, I'm new here. Phil knows me. Starting "Abandoned Warriors" virtual museum, telling story of Vietnam guys going/coming, along with Musclecars I have found around the Northern hemisphere usually without engine. Buying blocks heads hard parts. Seriously now: Need one of the 200 or so Dec 60 to May 1961 409 blocks..any condition. Roger Dahlstrom 515 238 8358

Attachments

• 61 ss cowl tag.jpg
    61 ss cowl tag.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 19