2019 Chevy z-71

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Dave.....when I got my 2016HD crewcab, it was too high for me also. Afraid I'd wear off the outside edge of the driver's seat. So I had installed a set of "electric" running boards!!!! Love them!!!!!!!! Plus I get to keep the height for not so nice roads.
Highly recommend Amp Research running boards.

How long is the cord on yours Phil???

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Phil, the 2019 GMC Denali has power running boards as standard equipment. It’s the 22 inch wheels & tires with a different suspension then what was on my 2014 GMC Sierra all-terrain. The new truck is just a little higher then I like and with the winter snow & ice, also with my age 74 & disability its just a little more then my liking. If I can lower it say 2 1/2- 3 inches I would be set. I’m trying to enter the truck differently now, but I’m not as nimble as most folks and I do it as you commented..
So that is why I’m looking at the lowering kit. p
Found one kit that looks like it will work, just don’t know if the leveling system will work with it. Have sent an E-mail to see. $1400 plus labor I can live with, so I’m asking.

Dave

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The other day My wife asked me why I didn’t buy a new truck. I told her I have the best truck there is. One that’s paid for. My ‘03 GMC only has 130K on the clock and I just put new tires on it so I gotta drive it at least 50,000 more miles. Maybe then I’ll reconsider. After driving my old cars that are worth more each year it’s hard to go buy something that may depreciate as much as 10K in a year.

That is also an issue. My 99 Silverado only has 88k on it with nothing wrong except the cheap a** paint and clear coat. Well the clear coat anyway is coming off. I paid cash for it, and because it sits most of the time not being used, and is paid for :dunno

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am envious :).

In my family, the wifey gets the good (new or newer) car, I get to drive the castoff. This stems from the days when she ferried our two boys around and wanted the newest and safest vehicle. For a while that meant Volvo station wagons, then the ubiquitous minivan :(. So when she got the new car (my dime) I got whatever she used to drive. That allowed me the opportunity to purchase old Chevys like the ones we enjoy :).

My Dad always insisted that "if it went down in value over time, pay cash for it". That included the family car, vacations, etc. The only thing he borrowed against was our childhood home. Nowadays it's getting harder to save up the needed $$$ to buy that new car, but I'm trying to live up to that standard Dad set so long ago.

So I generally buy stuff like this:

View attachment 76384
She's a 1992 PU with 250,000 on her. Got it from the original owner who used her to haul his 1959 Chevy drag car to events.

If I ever complain to her, she always tells me that if I wanted a new truck I should sell some of the those "old cars" and get myself a new one. Not a chance!

TomK
IMG_2750.JPG

I'm rocking the 89 K2500 with quick disconnect plow. Couldn't live without this old work truck. I scratch it every time I use it and don't worry about throwing logs or car parts in the back. The 350/700r4 gets around just fine.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
It amazes me that you kept a car since 1964:good. Most people had to trade it in to get the next one. Pictures then and now would be very much appreciated:bow.
I think most of these have been posted before
This one May 3, 1964 Wedding day
May3,64.JPG
1967 Loading car after racing at Greybull, WY. Won that day.
IMG_1765.JPG
2004 Billings MT
Billings.jpg
About 2016 I think. Photo for a Christmas card
Christmas card photo-1.jpg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Yes, same house. Been here for 77 years. My parents moved here from Minnesota before I was born. My dad died from cancer when I was 19. I took over the farm at that point.
So all that time did you ever build you a large shop to keep all your cars in??

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
The other day My wife asked me why I didn’t buy a new truck. I told her I have the best truck there is. One that’s paid for. My ‘03 GMC only has 130K on the clock and I just put new tires on it so I gotta drive it at least 50,000 more miles. Maybe then I’ll reconsider. After driving my old cars that are worth more each year it’s hard to go buy something that may depreciate as much as 10K in a year.

I agree, I will probably not buy another new truck as long as I am able to keep my 04 Z71 going. My last truck before that was a 90 1500 that I drove 18 years and 397k.