K5 Blazer (US Military) Handbook

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Guys,

My Brother Dave just purchased a K5 Blazer ex US military 6.2L diesel
He was wondering if any one would know where he could get a hand book for it
He would like to remove all the excess wiring and controls but would like to know what they were for before removal

Cheers

Steve

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Beware of the wiring on those things as they were set up with 24 volts whereas the civilian models were 12v.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Beware of the wiring on those things as they were set up with 24 volts whereas the civilian models were 12v.
Hi Don,

Yes they have two batteries and some weird shit on the fire wall with 24VDC bus bars etc
Thats one of the reasons he would like to see what he could get on original information

What do you know about those 6.2L diesels? seems like a dog but may just be really carbon ed up?

Steve

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I've worked o more than a few 6.2's.Fairly reliable,not very powerful though.glow plug,glow plug controller and injector pump failures were the most common failures on the civilian models.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We have a local farmer that has an old military 3/4 ton pickup with the 6.2 diesel that he brings in to my work every once in a while. The one time he was having glow plug controller problems and I was able to find a manual online for it. If I remember correctly there was a military data plate on the driver door panel and I think it had the military model number for the vehicle that I used to find the manual for it