Harbor Freight changing...

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I know, Mark. I get an e-mail, every couple days.:bang We knew something was up, when they dropped their Lifetime Guarantee, on their tools.:mad

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bought a set of husky sockets from them back in the 70’s, still using them as
My go to set.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Went into Sears in Hawaii when we were there
Basically to show my brother who has never been to the USA
Man was i disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The selection in the tools are was crap and half the shelves were empty

Also seemed like the pricing was a lot more than i remember

But then again i guess the cost to get anything to Hawaii is massive so costs go up

Steve
Not like when you were in Kansas City??????? Think I remember filling about a container!!!!!

Junky

Well Known Member
I wonder if they will replace broken crapsman tools purchased from sears? :rub

I was in there a couple of days ago, and they said that they will exchange any Crapsman tool that they have in stock with another Crapsman tool. They didn't have an extensive assortment of tools, so the warrantee is only as good as their inventory. One more reason I buy my Snap On tools at the swap meets!

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I was in there a couple of days ago, and they said that they will exchange any Crapsman tool that they have in stock with another Crapsman tool. They didn't have an extensive assortment of tools, so the warrantee is only as good as their inventory. One more reason I buy my Snap On tools at the swap meets!
You can wear a set of tires out taking craftsman tools back when they break. I know you can break any tool but but I can't remember the last time I broke a Snap On tool. Any more I try to buy Snap On and yes you can get some pretty good deals on them at a swap meet or garage sales. You get what you pay for!

bobs409

Administrator
Just browsing the new items at H.F. and saw this:

222.jpg

Are they serious???? First, why bother getting into something that most other stores already sell. Secondly, $5.99!?! Is oil really that high per quart?

I got a 5 qt jug of Castrol at Walmart for $18+ and thought that was high.

bobs409

Administrator
Just a heads up, Harbor Freight is changing their hours due to Corona virus:

MODIFIED HOURS
Until the COVID-19 crisis passes, our store are open with modified hours (beginning on Thursday, March 19) as follows: Monday through Saturday from 8am to 6pm and Sundays from 9am to 5pm. These hours will provide our stores with extra time to sanitize and restock and allow us to better accommodate our associates’ scheduling needs.

Stay calm everyone, they will be open, just shortened hours. :scared

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just a heads up, Harbor Freight is changing their hours due to Corona virus:

MODIFIED HOURS
Until the COVID-19 crisis passes, our store are open with modified hours (beginning on Thursday, March 19) as follows: Monday through Saturday from 8am to 6pm and Sundays from 9am to 5pm. These hours will provide our stores with extra time to sanitize and restock and allow us to better accommodate our associates’ scheduling needs.

Stay calm everyone, they will be open, just shortened hours. :scared

I am truly sorry for you Bob. I can only imagine the horror and anxiety you are going through. I wish you the best of luck. :D

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Just got an email from HFT saying:

As we’ve been following the news over the last few days, we’ve heard about the severe shortage of protective gear for hospitals, healthcare workers and first responders as the impact of COVID-19 is being felt across the country. America depends on these heroes every day and in the days ahead we will depend on them even more. At Harbor Freight, we want them to know that they can depend on us too.
So we’ve decided to donate our entire supply of the personal protective equipment items listed below to front line hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms in the communities served by our stores.
• N95 Masks
• Face Shields
• 5 and 7 mil Nitrile Gloves

Seems like a good move.