2” mini grinder 3/8 arbor

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Does anyone have a good spot to buy grinding discs for my mini spot grinder? It’s a Mac tools type, getting them from the Mac guy isn’t cheap or convenient but they do hold up! Id like to order a bunch but can’t see to find any good ones?

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I use my Mac one at work for cleaning up areas that need welding that I can’t get the 4” grinder into. At home I still use my 4” dewalt most of the time. I bought mine pretty much at cost when my Mac guy was retiring and dumping his inventory.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I use my Mac one at work for cleaning up areas that need welding that I can’t get the 4” grinder into. At home I still use my 4” dewalt most of the time. I bought mine pretty much at cost when my Mac guy was retiring and dumping his inventory.
How loud is your 4” dewalt? I have a makita that screams main reason I barely use it.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I got that thing out of a box I tried to buy at auction, found out the other guy wanted the carburetor parts more, so I bought the air tool that he had no interest in for 20 bucks. I bid the box to 50. Had to spend another 25 on bearings for the tool and it has worked flawless. I do keep it greased and oiled.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I got that thing out of a box I tried to buy at auction, found out the other guy wanted the carburetor parts more, so I bought the air tool that he had no interest in for 20 bucks. I bid the box to 50. Had to spend another 25 on bearings for the tool and it has worked flawless. I do keep it greased and oiled.
I grease and oil all myself regularly.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My dewalt is just as noisy as my old man’s Mikita is. I use thevdewalt at home because my borrowed air compressor can’t keep up with my air tools at home very well. The picture of your grinder is the exact same one I have. James I don’t have a grinder like your but I do use a adapter in my 1hp to use cutting discs like that and I do the same thing by saving the worn discs for tight work.