Norwalk Raceway Park

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks Tom. That's the video I watched but couldn't find again to post. These kind of situations are taking place all over, and they are very serious for all the business' involved.

22 million have lost their jobs in just 4 weeks. This due to virus affecting 1/10 of 1% of our population.

Last edited:

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
1% of 325,000,000 US citizens have been tested and the number has flattened do too stay at home, social distance etc.

60,000 deaths' too date is catastrophic too me.

1 life lost is catastrophic.

We're by no means ready too re-open our country, if we do the number's are going too skyrocket with covid-19 and effect our health care providers.

And the deaths will exceed the 100K-240K projected with stay at home, social distance etc.

We need a vaccine and therapeutic medications late 2020 early 2021 -2022?

I understand his HEARTBREAK of losing money and all the other businesses and un-employed throughout our country.

Money doesn't keep you alive being smart, being healthy and being safe with common sense helps!!!!!

Stay Safe and stay healthy my Friends :drinking

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Sorry folks that don’t care for the stay at home policies, but it does seem to work until some type of medical stop gap has been found.
Being 75 of age and having more then one medical problem that’s on the list of concerns, high blood pressure and diabetes to name just a few on the list, I’ll stay home for as long as it takes. Also being from one of the states and near a city that has one of the highest
confirmed patient count of deaths and cured if you can say cured, only confirms it’s working. My zip code count was climbing daily for new patients and deaths until the last few days (150 patients, 11 deaths). That doesn’t seem large for 33,000 phone in the zip code, but when you check where the deaths age groups, 70 and up shows 65% of the deaths, that gets my attention FAST.

Stay safe everyone.

Dave

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm 74 with copd, a mild heart condition, and low white cell counts due to radiation treatment for cancer 25 years ago, and am scared to death of this darn thing. The country needs to do whatever is necessary to help the businesses and workers idled because of this thing. I'm glad I am not in a position of leadership at any level of government because no matter what they do ten experts immediately jump on their butts telling them they screwed it up.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry folks that don’t care for the stay at home policies, but it does seem to work until some type of medical stop gap has been found.
Being 75 of age and having more then one medical problem that’s on the list of concerns, high blood pressure and diabetes to name just a few on the list, I’ll stay home for as long as it takes. Also being from one of the states and near a city that has one of the highest
confirmed patient count of deaths and cured if you can say cured, only confirms it’s working. My zip code count was climbing daily for new patients and deaths until the last few days (150 patients, 11 deaths). That doesn’t seem large for 33,000 phone in the zip code, but when you check where the deaths age groups, 70 and up shows 65% of the deaths, that gets my attention FAST.

Stay safe everyone.

Dave
Hell Dave......you are too young!!!!!!
Now me.....I'm 76 and sweatin' it out!!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Except for a trip to the doctors office,I'm staying in too.The only way that I'll get that stuff is if my cat brings it in and he's pretty antisocial.[/QUOTE
Our female cat is the same way Don!!!!! Set in your lap, snuggle a little....forget it!!!!!!!

Last edited:

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I'm 74 with copd, a mild heart condition, and low white cell counts due to radiation treatment for cancer 25 years ago, and am scared to death of this darn thing. The country needs to do whatever is necessary to help the businesses and workers idled because of this thing. I'm glad I am not in a position of leadership at any level of government because no matter what they do ten experts immediately jump on their butts telling them they screwed it up.
I just hope this crap is gone before August 1st and the Pontiac show at Summit. :)

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Are female cat is the same way Don!!!!! Set in your lap, snuggle a little....forget it!!!!!!!

We got a couple a year ago. Quite the clowns. Outside during the day inside at night. They would go down and get the mail with me, follow me out to the shop, and even came when called. There's been this mangy cat around, looks like a tomcat. He had one of our cats treed a while back and has been hassling my neighbors old cat. One of our cats was nowhere to be found Thursday night. This nasty old mangy tomcat came by today and had a heart attack :dunno2

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
We got a couple a year ago. Quite the clowns. Outside during the day inside at night. They would go down and get the mail with me, follow me out to the shop, and even came when called. There's been this mangy cat around, looks like a tomcat. He had one of our cats treed a while back and has been hassling my neighbors old cat. One of our cats was nowhere to be found Thursday night. This nasty old mangy tomcat came by today and had a heart attack :dunno2
You check his pulse?:dunno2

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The track owner is not worried about losing money. He is worried about losing the business that has been in his family for 40 years. He also said he would implement certain social distance stuff. I am 63 and a good possibility I had a milder version in late November THRU New years. Cant get tested for antibodies yet. I admire this man for wanting to get a little something going. In fact we will need to start up some type of opening of all businesses to at least help them survive. Most will not. Limited hours. Limited people inside. Masks. Whatever it takes but we will have to get going soon. If you are at risk then by all means either stay home or take precautions like we are now. I dont want to live thru a depression like my folks did And I dont want my kids to either. There has to be a way .

RussC

Well Known Member
The track owner is not worried about losing money. He is worried about losing the business that has been in his family for 40 years. He also said he would implement certain social distance stuff. I am 63 and a good possibility I had a milder version in late November THRU New years. Cant get tested for antibodies yet. I admire this man for wanting to get a little something going. In fact we will need to start up some type of opening of all businesses to at least help them survive. Most will not. Limited hours. Limited people inside. Masks. Whatever it takes but we will have to get going soon. If you are at risk then by all means either stay home or take precautions like we are now. I dont want to live thru a depression like my folks did And I dont want my kids to either. There has to be a way .

I agree. I have a 50 year old family business. It is not the loss of money...that is gone for a while. It is about preserving what has taken a lifetime to build. We were deemed nonessential 6 weeks ago. There has been zero income. We are in lock down for at least 2 more weeks. My 36 employees are taken care of. The business is bleeding heavily.

I too am in the high risk group...staying safe is my job. We all have to use common sense and exercise personal responsibility

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Two circle tracks in South Dakota are going to run this weekend. Limiting number of spectators for distancing. 700 for a 4000 capacity grandstand.
Masks required. Temp scans before entry. SD Governor won't stop the races but recommends not going to them. Events are sold out.