Gittin' her ready......

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Phil:

I understand you had a good conversation with my neighbor across the street with the '62?

Were you able to soften him up a bit? It is a Red on Red '62 for sure. And with the 340 horse 327 :).

I suspect he's not planning on selling, but it never hurts to plant the seed...

Cheers! TomK

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
for some tripping!!!!

Starting to get the 63 Belair road ready!!!! Haven't had it out for 3 years. Have it out in the open on jack stands so I can get under it. Drained the anti-freeze and it is still green!!! No junk in the anti-freeze!!!! Next will be draining the oil and filter!!

Want to address the gas tank and lines. Don't know if I need a bore scope to check the tank. Don't want to drop it unless it's necessary. But want to blow out the fuel lines. I bought a date correct 3499-S carb and had Dick Katter do his number on it. It is gorgeous!!!!!

I try to make the dates codes more correct when I work on it. But.....now I have a quandry........I still have the 4-speed radiator from my original 63. Correct date code for this car. Don't know if you remember this car has it's original stamped block and original stamped original BW T-10 4-speed. The 018 radiators are scarce but would make the more original.

Gonna use the creeper to clean under the car. It was in Peublo, CO and is not rusted any where. It was just painted black.

When I was still in business, I bought all the correct dated rubber parts for this car in case they were be necessary. Hoses, belts, spark plug wires and other parts. I'll check it all over.

Other than an interior cleaning and waxing the outside. No big deal.....right????? This will be my summer for a while. Why you ask. Candy agreed to a 62 Corvette but I have to sell 4 things for the cash!!!! The 63, 2015 Impact toy hauler and 2 trailers. Going to pay cash for any Corvette I want!!!!

So that gonna be my summer.!!!!
View attachment 82171View attachment 82172View attachment 82173View attachment 82174
Hey Phillip, if you act right I'll take you for a ride in my 62DSC_0927.JPG