Engine rebuild plan

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
It's much like checking the compression rise by adding oil to the cylinders during testing.I once had an engine that pumped around 210 dry.It would detonate even on Sunoco 260.The tailpipes on a highway trip would run as white as a new T shirt[ leaded gas]and had zero oil leaks.It would also go through a qt. of oil every 150 miles.The issue,stuck oil rings.I suspect this condition came from an overheat condition before I got it. Yes too high on the cranking compression can be a bad thing.

Darkfader

Thanks for the explanation Don. I’ll do a leak down this coming weekend and let you guys know what I find, but I guess I’m going to plan the rebuild regardless.

Does anyone know of someone in WV, PA, OH, VA, of MD who’s could be trusted with this block? I have a local machine shop that did some nice work on a F*** block for me that I’m building into a 331 stroker, but I feel like this block is irreplaceable and I’m nervous about leaving it anywhere to be honest.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for the explanation Don. I’ll do a leak down this coming weekend and let you guys know what I find, but I guess I’m going to plan the rebuild regardless.

Does anyone know of someone in WV, PA, OH, VA, of MD who’s could be trusted with this block? I have a local machine shop that did some nice work on a F*** block for me that I’m building into a 331 stroker, but I feel like this block is irreplaceable and I’m nervous about leaving it anywhere to be honest.
I can point you in the direction of someone here in northeast Ohio.. PM if your interested..
Rick