Rock N Race 2020 Lets make it even bigger and better than last year

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Gav.....that's what happened to Candy and I as we had bought tickets to NZ to come over in Jan. Kinda took a liken to Steve and Lynette when they came and stayed a week with us after the 2014 Convention. Still trying to learn how to talk like them!!!!!!!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So was in contact with the insurance company today with regards to claiming on our flights within the US and already the were kind enough to point out that
"Your policy is designed to cover you for a range of unexpected situations, but it does have exclusions. These include exclusions for losses related to government directives which of course we are all living under at the present time. We believe it is important to highlight these exclusions because they are relevant and very likely apply to you"

And the fun begins:gaah
Gav

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
So was in contact with the insurance company today with regards to claiming on our flights within the US and already the were kind enough to point out that
"Your policy is designed to cover you for a range of unexpected situations, but it does have exclusions. These include exclusions for losses related to government directives which of course we are all living under at the present time. We believe it is important to highlight these exclusions because they are relevant and very likely apply to you"

And the fun begins:gaah
Gav

Sorry to hear that ........it sounds like you’re going to be meeting up with a bunch of closed doors.......I wish you good luck

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Good luck I getting your money back Gav. We cancelled because of Covid and NZ Air paid almost immediately.

409envy

Well Known Member
Just saw that Hershey PA fall swap meet was cancelled because of COVID. That meet is in October... doesn’t give me much hope that Rock n Race will happen as planned. I realize it’s a different state but how the hell can they cancel stuff that’s 5 months away!? Absolute horse shit. I hope I’m wrong but I doubt this event happens and even if it does the turnout will probably be limited. I don’t know it’s just depressing how gullible people are to fear and propaganda.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
This isn’t racing, but after 25 years a monthly local car show publication The Cruis‘NEWS has stopped because of the virus.
They listed most if not all shows in the Detroit area and some in other show out state. It had a few writers that talked about car stuff nothing fancy, but I looked forward for it. not much technical stuff, but car stuff no less.
They just sent out a E-mail saying they may stay around, but may be on Facebook or through emails.

The Woodward Dream Cruise is (for now) still saying its scheduled 3rd Saturday in Augus, but some cities have started to cancel, so if it does happen It’s going to look different. I myself don’t see any parking along Woodward, but we will see.

Dave

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Went to 42 yesterday with my buddy that bought Scott’s old 67 cutlass quite a few cars there everything was running g pretty smooth. They’ve got a big bracket race today Friday and Saturday $500 entry. Talked with owner and track manager plans are full speed ahead for the rock n race